Maxxis Minion DHR UST Tubeless Tire

Weight : 1300 grams MSRP : $56.99

With huge air volume and UST compatibility,The Minion DH from Maxxis sucks up bumps like nobodys business. It was engineeredTo meetThe demands of UCI world cup downhill racers. 42A superTacky compound offers enhanced surfaceTraction (thanksTo a softer rubber compound) and is recommended for race use only. It excels on hardpack, loose-over-hardpack, and medium soil conditions. Foldable Aramid bead lightensThe load without sacrificing strength. Choose front or rear specificTread.

Submitted by Bogdan Miliu a Downhiller from Ottawa, ON, Canada

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2007

Strengths:    Nice and sticky compound, grips well in the wet stuff, very confidence inspiring.

Weaknesses:    The rubber casing is way too soft, I've shredded 3 rear tires in a season from flats, not getting pinch flats, but rocks are cutting the tire to bits and Stans is helpless.

Bottom Line:
It's a good tire, however if you're riding in very rough rocky spots, bring a spare and be willing to replace it often.

Favorite Trail:   National, Rshute, Schleyer

Purchased At:   www.go-ride.com

Similar Products Used:   Michelin DH16s

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz VP Free, XO, Hope M4s, Ibeam, Fox DH40

Submitted by Rodney a Cross Country Rider from Magna, Ut USA

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2005

Strengths:    Very large volume. Lot's of gripping power. Low pressures. Rolling resistance is Ok.

Weaknesses:    They pick up rocks and throw them. If the ground is the least bit moist the front tire throws small sand particles in my face.

Bottom Line:
I had to buy a front fender and clip it on when going down hill because the front tire throws so much debris torward my face. I am a very light rider (150lbs) and I bought this tire to see if I can get some traction. It delivers in that department. I do ride some pavement sections and the sloped knobs combined with my light weight create low rolling resistance. I can easily run 20-25 psi and they feel like I am floating on air. These tires inspire confidence on big rocky downhills. I am more likely to go over rocks than around them with these tires.

Bike Setup:   Giant Warp

Maxxis Minion DHR UST on Remedy 8

Hi All, I was wondering if that tire would fit the frame of the Remedy. If yes, how is the mud clearance. Any expirience?Read More »