Maxxis Minion DHF UST Tubeless Tire

• Silkworm protection
  • Directional, ramped knob design

Submitted by Dirty D a Weekend Warrior from Lemon Grove, CA

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2007

Strengths:    In the two months that I've been running this tire on the front they have been bombproof. I run em tubeless with Stan's, on Mavic 823's and all I can say is SOLID. The sidewalls are really thick and I've never torn em'nor have I lost any sideknobs. The Minion hooks up noticably better then the Highroller 2.5 UST when used in the front. A great all around tire that is reliable and won't leave you high and dry in the middle of your ride.

Weaknesses:    The price is a bit high, but well worth the coin.

Bottom Line:
I've been running Maxxis 2.5 UST Highrollers for appx. six months and I love them. I continue to run the HR on the back and I recently switched to the UST Minion 2.5 up front. The Minion seems a bit more sure footed in loose stuff especially when you really lay it over in a corner. These hunks of rubber weigh in at appx. 1250-1300g each, so they're not the lightest tire on the market for their given size. I'd highly recommend them if you're just about sick of the paper thin Kenda sidewalls, weight is not too big of an issue, or just looking for a seriously durable tire with an equally tough sidewall. I run em here in socal and we see a bit of everykind of dirt here and these tires just flat out perform.

Favorite Trail:   somewhere in UT or Colo

Purchased At:

Similar Products Used:   2.5/2.35 Maxxis Highrollers UST, 2.35 Kenda BG, Nevegal, Kinetics,Hutchinsons,Geax

Bike Setup:   SC Nomad on Mavic 823's