Maxxis Advantage UST Tubeless Tire

Maxxis Advantage 26 x 2.10 UST Tubeless Tire. Alison Dunlap designed the ADvantage as a high volume aggressive cross country tire that corners great on big side-knobs. It also climbs and brakes with authority thanks to the opposing parallelogram center tr

Submitted by bill

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2013

Strengths:    Run as rear on turner Flux. I never give up on an up hill with this tire, if you can supply the pedal power it will climb it.. I run 25 pds with dt swiss 430 rims with stans, no leaks. Total ride weight 193-195 pds. This tire helps your confidence when it comes to hills. Tire is wearing well after 6 mos. 4-5 days aweek riding.

Weaknesses:    As a rear tire and set up properly none.

Bottom Line:
Great rear for Phoenix area. I run it with a Continental Mt King 11 2.4 on front

Submitted by thnkfst a Racer from Central Coast CA

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2010

Strengths:    Good traction, tire has held up well even after running it nearly flat for 3 miles

Weaknesses:    Won't hold air without sealant

Bottom Line:
Decent tire, I've flatted several times on this tire using a tube, going tubless with sealant it holds pressureand has yet to flat without sealant don't run this tire

Favorite Trail:   Morny glory

Purchased At:   Blue sky

Similar Products Used:   WTB

Bike Setup:   09 anthem with 130 MM Minute MDR

Submitted by tom a Cross Country Rider from Montrose,Co,usa

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2010

Strengths:    fast rolling but great traction

Weaknesses:    weight

Bottom Line:
I liked the kendas but the small blocks slipped a lot-the nevegal was slow rolling-I now have a nevegal on the front to brake and corner and this tire on the back. It seems like nice rear tire as it is faster than the nevegal but gives better traction than the small block-I wonder about slant 6's?

Purchased At:   blue sky

Similar Products Used:   Kenda nevegal and small block 8

Bike Setup:   yeti 575-easton havoc rims-stans rim strips-xt components

Submitted by socalMX a Cross Country Rider from Sunny So.Cal.

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2009

Strengths:    Easy mount,good wear,looks great!

Weaknesses:    Wish they offered it wider!

Bottom Line:
I have not had them vary long but the firt 2 weeks I was running them with no sealant and NO air leaked.They work really good for XC in my area.Hardpack with loose powdery top and at times,alot of rocks!I love them and would buy them again,just wish I could run a bit wider up front!

Favorite Trail:   Del Cerro

Purchased At:   Blue Sky

Similar Products Used:   Many

Bike Setup:   Marin Mount Vision 5.8,Cane Creek Zono wheels.

Submitted by crustynikstar a Weekend Warrior from !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2009

Strengths:    grip well in wet or dry, roll well and have lot of working edges.

Weaknesses:    weak sidewalls.

Bottom Line:
they are good tyers but are not cheap.

Favorite Trail:   cant choose

Purchased At:   Gold cross

Similar Products Used:   none.

Bike Setup:   giant talon 09.

Submitted by norcosam a Weekend Warrior from Cornwall.Uk

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2009

Strengths:    Excellent grip.Rolls well.No punctures(running sealent) fits easy onto mavic sx wheelset very easily.

Weaknesses:    Did let go on a few very wet polished slab rocks.But all of us had the same and we were all running different tyre.

Bottom Line:
This is the best xc/trail tyre i have found.Its reliable dosent burp at lower pressures and seems to grip very well.Just did 2 days in wales on them first day it was dry and the second day was wet.Still lapped the same time so grips in the wet and dry.Its not super light but is true to size(well done maxxis)

Favorite Trail:   Whites level,wales