Geax Sedona UST Tubeless Tire

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)

* Front or rear tyre, super fast in dry, hardpack conditions. * Short stiff blocks - widely spaced for greater flotation and mud clearing. * High strenght-to-weight ratio of the knobs yields high traction while providing excellent driving efficiency and lightweight. * Designed to handle all cross-country riding and racing conditions, especially dry hardpack. * Also available in Tubeless version.

Submitted by John a Cross Country Rider from Gent

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2005

Strengths:    Great grip

Weaknesses:    to heavy, loses pressure

Bottom Line:
Good tire for all terrain, good grip and strong.
Have to inflate them after every ride. complete flat after 24 hours.

Similar Products Used:   Hutchinson scorpion

Bike Setup:   cannondale F800,full XT, rear Mavic crossmax UST, front Mavic UST

Submitted by Dirk a Cross Country Rider from Belgium

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2003

Strengths:    a tubeless tire rolls just fine, but I can't tell if this one is better or worse than other tubeless tires...

It's giving a good grip in dry conditions and also on ice, but in muddy conditions the performance is not that good

Weaknesses:    only after a short time I noticed the tires got flat, only a day after inflating them. The air gets out about 1 mm above the rim

Bottom Line:
A good tire for dry conditions, but only for short rides because of the loss of pressure (in my case...)

Similar Products Used:   /

Bike Setup:   Cannondale hardtail

Submitted by Mike Walker a Racer from College Park, MD, USA

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2003

Strengths:    Durability, ease of UST mounting, grip.

Weaknesses:    Heavy

Bottom Line:
I use UST on my el-cheapo handmade training wheelset to avoid flats. Great idea, problem is, I still got flats with the Pythons, and I have no idea how to trail service a tire you can't use tire irons on. Anybody know how to remove these things without tire irons? At my shop I get a team of guys to pull these off with our hands, but on the trail, if you get a flat, you hike it out. Panaracer UST was absolutely horrible, $100 down the drain.
Enter this GEAX UST tire, which I bought when my pythons gave out on me on the trail. Mounted very easily by hand, and has not flatted in the year I have owned it. I have beaten the crap out of this tire. If you have ever ridden Maryland's Gambril blue trail... it is one of the most technical, sharp, rocky rides in the nation. I run this tire at 40 psi, it just works. Grips well on rock too, though not as fast and grippy on dusty hardpack as a python. I've worn the tread to the bone, the sparse thin knobs wear easily in the center line, so expect to buy a new tire after about 1200 miles.
The reason GEAX's tubless tires are so heavy is that the actually deliver the promise of UST. You can mount and unmount this thing by hand, and it won't flat. I wouldn't race on it, but for all-around, it absolutely rules.

Favorite Trail:   Gambill State Park