Geax Dhea UST Tubeless Tire

The Geax DHEA Mountain Bike Tire includes reinforced sidewalls to take the abuse of DH racing and aggressive freeriding. Ramped center knobs create a fast-rolling tire, and the rigid rubber lets you run low air pressure to rail corners like nothing else. Choose the 2.3in for tight, technical trails, or go with the 2.5 when you need the ability to monster truck through the rocks at full speed.

Submitted by tonebone2000 a Cross Country Rider from Scottsdale, AZ

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2010

Strengths:    Grip, Durability, Tight Bead, Grip

Weaknesses:    None?

Bottom Line:
This tire is an awesome rear. It is by far my favorite out of anything I've ever tried. I'm cleaning climbs that I couldn't clean before just because this tire grips so well, especially at 20-25 psi. A lot of tires wear out quickly on the terrain here but this one actually doesn't show much wear yet so I'm pretty impressed with that too. The bead is so tight you want to make sure you put soapy water on it to get it on, other wise it's very tough to do. This also means that it held air right off the bat though, even before I added sealant. I'm super impressed.

Favorite Trail:   South Mountain

Purchased At:   Rage Cycles

Similar Products Used:   WTB Prowler MX (UST), Kenda Nevegal, WTB MotoRaptor, IRC Trailbear

Bike Setup:   Giant Trance

Geax DHEA UST/Neuron

There are some screaming deals on the 2.3 UST version of this tire (guess I missed out on the TNT deal). Geax website shows this tire at over 1100g :eek: Can that be accurate? I see it listed at 940g on other sites. Anybody have a first hand experience with the ust version? How 'bout the Neuron ... Read More »