Geax Arrojo UST Tubeless Tire

3.6/5 (5 Reviews)

* Front or rear tyre super fast in all conditions. * Continuous central pattern for maximum speed. * Small tapered knobs for excellent grip at all lean angles. * Big air volume for good flotation on aggressive soils. * Also available in Tubeless version

Submitted by Matthew Morgan a Racer from Houston

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2006

Strengths:    Indestructible, The large wide spaced nobs, give great grip in loose or muddy corners

Weaknesses:    Non if ridden where designed

Bottom Line:
I raced these 2 years in a row in Lajitas, which is desert conditions filled with cactus and sharp rocks. I never flatted once on them. I even passed one of the top Pro's Jason Sager while he was changing a flat.

Favorite Trail:   WACO

Purchased At:   Webster Bike

Submitted by Robbie a Cross Country Rider from Little Elm, Tx

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2006

Strengths:    Weight, Smooth Rolling, Great front tire.

Bottom Line:
Great Tire for my riding style and riding locations. Team this tire up with the Aggro for a rear and you'll love the combo.

Favorite Trail:   Erwin Park

Purchased At:   Richardson Bike Mart

Similar Products Used:   First Tubeless

Bike Setup:   Specialized Hardrock, Reba Team U-turn, Mavic 717 Disc, Avid BB 7, Easton EC 70 Flatbar, Easton EA 70 Stem, Thomson Elite Seatpost

Submitted by Angel Rufino Matos a Cross Country Rider from Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2004

Strengths:    Great traction, specially on hard packing, smooth rolling.

Weaknesses:    It was to hard to install them on the rim.

Bottom Line:
This tire are very fast on the kind of terrain that on my town usually we ride. Like the others reviewers, they were not easy yo install on the wheels. I hope not to have to remove them, the people at the bike shop tell me that after some time they will be easy to remove them. Now you now why I'm using Stan.

Favorite Trail:   Rutas de Cabo Rojo

Purchased At:   The Wheel Shop, Cabo Rojo

Similar Products Used:   My firts time on UST Tires.

Bike Setup:   K2 Razorback Team, Mavic Crossland XL, Stan No Tubes.

Submitted by Chip Sanders a Cross Country Rider from Thornton, Colorado, US

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2003

Strengths:    Tracks well, excellent grip on rock even at angles, looses very little air between rides.

Weaknesses:    Worst tire I've ever had to mount. EXTREMELY DIFFICULT!

Bottom Line:
Mike, from the previous post, couldn’t have been any more correct about mounting this tire. After reading his review I went ahead and purchased the Arrojo thinking I’ll just put a little soapy water on the wheel and that will do the trick. Uh…nope. How about a little Tri-flow….nope. Getting desperate, I even tried heating the tire up with a hair drier…nope. After about an hour of total frustration, I decided I would just suffer the embarrassment and take it to a bike shop. Well, after a couple of shots of tequila, I started f'in with it again and eventually got the damn thing on. What concerns me is if I get a flat in BFE and need to install a tube I may be hosed. On the positive side, the tire looses very little air between rides (about 2 lbs. per day), tracks well on Colorado’s dry, rocky, trails, and so far no flats. I will update this post after I’ve had the tire for several months and let you know how well it wares.

Favorite Trail:   Hall Ranch

Purchased At:   Red Rocks Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   MTB Mutano Raptor 1.95 UST, Hutchinson Python UST

Bike Setup:   2001 Aeon Isis, Manitou X-Vert air, Cane Creek AD 12, Shimano XT disks, Mavic crossROC wheels

Submitted by Mike Walker a Racer from College Park, Maryland, USA

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2003

Strengths:    Fast rolling, grippy, great fast all-around tread design.

Weaknesses:    Heavy, most impossible-to-mount tire ever.

Bottom Line:
I liked Geax's Sedona UST so much I decided to put this tire up front. Mounting this tire (without tire irons, which ruin a UST tire) took me 90 minutes. The first 60 were frustration and pain, the last 30 I got a friend to help me. Together we got it mounted, at the expense of purple fingers. If this thing ever gets a flat, I will have to walk home and cut it off my wheel.
That said, it's survived 6 months of harsh technical riding without a puncture. It cuts a beautiful line, works great up front at speed, corners well. I really like it.
But, if you don't have a team of people to help you install it, good luck. Maybe you have a way of using a lever that won't damage a UST bead. Good luck with that.
I won't buy this tire again unless they redesign the bead.

Favorite Trail:   Gambril state park