Price Point 26-29er Tube

Price Point Tube 29er is a high quality bicycle tube. It was manufactured in the same facility as the high end name brands, but available to you at a more affordable cost. If you are environmentally conscious like we are, you’ll be happy to know that all Price Point tubes are packaged in an eco-friendly recycled box, too.

Submitted by Larry_Sellers

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2013

Strengths:    Still trying to figure that one out.

Weaknesses:    These things are junk. Don't be fooled by the price or the belief that all basic tubes are created equal.

Bottom Line:
Bought a 5 pack of these a while back and finally got a chance to try them out when I flatted on the on the trail yesterday. My C02 cartridge blew multiple holes through the seam of the wafer thin rubber at several points all the way around the tube. Safe to say it wasn't a fluke as the exact same thing happened on my second tube. Luckily my bailed me out with his spare.

Submitted by sean02254 a Cross Country Rider from Massachusetts

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2010

Strengths:    price

Weaknesses:    These tubes are horrible. 5 tubes, 5 rides, 5 flats. In hindsight i would have paid money not to have ever used them rather than have them completely ruin three rides. Do not buy these tubes.

Bottom Line:
I wouldn't use them again even if they paid me.

Favorite Trail:   Vietnam

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Submitted by bahumbug7 a Weekend Warrior from New Windsor, Maryland

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2010

Strengths:    Cheap in cost

Weaknesses:    Cheap

Bottom Line:
I am a flat trail rider that may include a little bump from time to time. So I don't "push" the tires to a stressful limit. I pedaled about one mile in on the trail and the tube blew-out. Pulled out my handy spare tube (fresh out of the box)and made the change. Got roughly 30lbs in the new tube and it blew-out. Right there on the trail! Didn't have another spare and luckily the walk wasn't too far. Checked the inside of the tire out, and there were no apparent burrs or punctures. I had bought a 5 pack of these tubes and I must say they are not worth it, regardless of their cheap price. The other 3 tubes are on different bikes, and they have had flats. Didn't think much of it until this episode on the trail. They are cheap in price AND they are cheap in quality.

Favorite Trail:   C&O Canal Trail

Purchased At:   Price Point

Bike Setup:   XC throw together w/Sette Impulse frame & Marzocchi Corsa WC fork

Submitted by arkon11 a Cross Country Rider from Marengo, IL

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2010

Strengths:    Inexpensive, eco-friendly box

Weaknesses:    I'd rather stuff my tire with dry leaves and rocks, infact I'd have better luck riding on a bare rim.

Bottom Line:
These tubes are the bottom line.

Favorite Trail:   Kettles

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Tubes that were worth my money

Bike Setup:   Top of the line-huffy

Submitted by Jay a Downhiller from Middtown, CA, US.

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2009

Strengths:    Light?

Weaknesses:    Everything. I ride a soft compound Kenda Nevegal on the rear so even star thistle will poke through. tubes suck suck suck.

Bottom Line:
These tubes are a joke. I rode one for 1 day, and punctured it with star thistle. Then with ram heads, they stand no chance. Less than a month later, i went through all 5 tubes. Get thick tires, then use these, or dont use them at all unless you like walking along side your bike.

Favorite Trail:   everywhere

Purchased At:   Pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   Nothing compares.

Bike Setup:   07 Kona Stinky frame with Manitou Travis, Azonic outlaws and bars, Shimano saint cranks, Raceface Diabolus chain guide, THE race saddle, Avid rotors with Hayes calipers and levers. Kenda Nevegal Rear, Maxxis Minion front.

Submitted by FireLikeIYA a Weekend Warrior from Gilbert, AZ

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2009

Strengths:    Cheap

Weaknesses:    They do not last very long at all.

Bottom Line:
Two of my brothers and I purchased 40 of these tubes along with an order that I made at Pricepoint.com to save on shipping. The logic was that you can never have enough when you ride where cati adorn the trails and, anyway, Tubes are tubes, right? Ha! That is what I thought. Fortunately I have never used my share of the tubes as the ones that came with my bike are holding up great. My brothers, on the other hand, have gone through ALL of their tubes. It is very disappointing to go out for a ride only to have someone walk back to the car because they have a flat. The longest I have seen on of these tubes hold up is for 1 1/2 10 mile rides. These things absolutely suck. This is for both the presta and schrader valve versions as we purchased both. Do not buy these things. I could not believe how fast they were going. I still have 7 for myself and now dont know what to do with them as I dont plan on using them.

Favorite Trail:   Desert Classic

Purchased At:   Pricepoint.com

Submitted by mike_d_1583 a Cross Country Rider from cincinnati, ohio

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2008

Strengths:    Well, it's light.

Weaknesses:    Went through about five tubes in one month. Made every ride miserable.

Bottom Line:
I wouldn't reccomend these tubes to anybody. No wonder Price Point is selling them so cheap, they can't find anybody to buy them. If your a fan of walking back to your car, then get them.

Favorite Trail:   anything new