Michelin Airstop Butyl Tube

Weight : 128 grams MSRP : $6.99

Michelin C-4 Airstop tubes are made from a high quality butyl rubber. Airstop? Butyl tubes answer the needs of everyday cyclists for economical, high quality inner tubes. In each size, Airstop Butyl tubes offer excellent puncture resistance and the consis

Submitted by kique a Cross Country Rider from santiago

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2010

Strengths:    it´s michelin, so it should be good enough, light, It doesn´t get stick in the tire after some kms.

Weaknesses:    It can´t stand decent pressure with a tire liner

Bottom Line:
I have had one flat a month with those michelin inner tubes. I ride those in both wheels with maxxis detonators 26x1.50. As I use them for commuting is easy to find broken glasses everyday, so as an extra care, I put a mr tuffy band and the tube couldn´t resist a pressure of 60psi, because the edge of the band easely cut the rubber tube. Then a puted a slime band which is thinner and 45psi... the same story. By the way, only happens in my rear tube, no problems yet with the front one. I weight 70kg.
I´ve had a pair of conti tubes for ages (excelent tubes) but unfortunately not in this size, so I came back to my old ritchey innovaders (26x2)until I find decent tubes for my maxxis.
I don´t want to roll without tire liners. It give me more confidence.

Favorite Trail:   commuting