Home | Reviews | Tube | IRC

IRC Torque DH Tubes 24 Schrader Tube

2.33/5 (6 Reviews)

The DH tubes have a beefy 1.4mm wall thickness and sport a super reliable TR4 motorcycle style schrader valve. 24""x2.35-3.00 439g

Submitted by stinkyprimo888 a Downhiller from North Bend

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2009

Strengths:    none, sucked

Weaknesses:    Pinches super easy, even running high pressure

Bottom Line:
Sucks, pinched twice in the same week in different spots, i was running pretty high pressure, cased at low speed and it was flat, DO NOT BUY, get maxxis DH's

Favorite Trail:   27

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   regular tubes

Bike Setup:   Transition Dirtbag, Fox DHX, Rock Shox Domain

Submitted by bear a Cross Country Rider from France

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2008

Strengths:    valve with screw! needed!

Bottom Line:
using this tube on a mountain unicycle. after blowing 6 different tubes this is the strongest I have used so far. no incident for 1 year! the good thing is that using a very low pressure tire (Nokian Gazzaloddi) I need a valve that can be fixed tightly to the rim! (otherwise the tube may slip and cut the valve off).

Purchased At:   bike shop

Bike Setup:   Mountain unicycle : 24x 3 with 145mm cranks. ISIS hub

Submitted by Raphaël Bolduc a Cross Country Rider from Val-d'Or, QC, Canada

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2007

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    It's weak. It's hard to fit in place.

Bottom Line:
I used the 26" version.

It's the worst tube I ever had in my life. In normal times it takes me around 10min to fit my tire back in place without a wave in it...took me over 2h with this tube. On top of that it lasted me for only 7 days!!! All my previous tubes lasted me for YEARS!

Purchased At:   Oxygene

Similar Products Used:   Cheng Shin, Canadian Tire cheap stuff

Bike Setup:   Giant Iguana Disc 2003, Geax Mezcal on front and Hutchinson Mosquito Air Lite on rear.

Submitted by john a Downhiller from Ancaster, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2005

Strengths:    none...they're crap

Weaknesses:    ok, at first I thought that this was the greatest, strongest tube out there...WRONG! This thing is incredibly weak! I pinched flat by just going up a curb! These things are also heavy (who cares?), and they are hard as heel to put in (also, who cares?).

Bottom Line:
BTW: I used the 26 inch version not the 24.

They pinch flat, they are weak. Seriously...I thought that they were super strong...wrong.

Purchased At:   Ancaster Cycle

Bike Setup:   kona cowan, maxxis high rollers, odi lock-on grips, lizard skins chainstay protector.....etc..

Submitted by Terence a Downhiller from Sydney, NSW, Australia

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2005

Strengths:    The best tube i have used to date, kicks thornproof tubes in the ass. The bolt thing on the valve is really usefull in keeping the valve up while trying to pump it.

Weaknesses:    Nothing really, maybe......weight? The valves are quite heavy as they are steel, but meh~~ I rather sacrifice a bit of weight for high quality tube.

Bottom Line:
Haven't pinched since I had this tube, i had one punctured from a thumb tack but thats not the tube's fault. I'm running a thin single ply tire and I give the rear wheel a bloody beating. I have felt the rim many times and never have I pinch flatted, this is due to the large size (takes up to a 3.0" tire!!!) and I install with heaps of baby powder. Oh and I run really low pressures (~25psi) and it still lives!!!!
Great tube! Go buy it!