Home | Reviews | Tube | Intense

Intense DH tube Tube

4.25/5 (8 Reviews)

Intense FRO DH Tube 24 x 2.35" Schrader Valve: DH specific 1.7mm thickness tubes prevent pinch flats. 505g

Submitted by Carlos a Weekend Warrior from Beaufort, SC, USA

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2004

Strengths:    made for bigger wider tires over 2.3. Hold pressure pretty good and don't have to inflate them EVERYTIME you go out. I use IRC Kujo DH tires with the pinch resistant foam and so far have never had a pinch flat, and i abuse my wheels/tires pretty bad.

Weaknesses:    little heavier than other brands but hey, its made for DH tires.

Bottom Line:
These are made for DH use so they are barely a little heavier. I've used them with IRC kujo tires for 3 months and no pinch flats at all with constant abuse.They hold tube pressure pretty well so you don't have to worry about refilling them EVERYTIME you go out for a ride. They are specifically designed for bigger/wide tires, 2.3-2.7. Trust me when i say they are worth it. My tires have the pinch resistant foam so that may explain the no flats but the tubes keep my tires hard and strong. Good investment. great for DH,DJ,FR and even XC.

Purchased At:   Pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   bell with slime

Bike Setup:   Motobecane 500HT, IRC Kujo DH tires, Shimano derailers/shifters, Easton EA50 stem/handlebars, ODI ruffian lock-on grips, disk brakes, 04 Dirt Jumper III, M-wings saddle

Submitted by The Yeti a Downhiller from Arcata CA

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2003

Strengths:    Big and "burly"

Weaknesses:    It popped too soon.

Bottom Line:
This tube got pinch flats way too soon. Over simple rock gardens it went flat, and over small 6ft drops. For the weight I would have expected it to last longer

Purchased At:   Revolution

Similar Products Used:   just about every DH tube on the market

Bike Setup:   03 Stinky with 03 Jr. T, MRP bashguard/ chain tensor

Submitted by Jammie from Thame oxfordshire

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2002

Strengths:    I bourght this around 3 months ago, and i havent had A puncture yet! I can ride hard, with no problems, yet trust my back-end.

Weaknesses:    A bit heavy, but its a dh tube, not light xc.

Bottom Line:
Ive got an intense dh 2.35 tire f+b, whith this stuff by slime which goes inbetween the tire and the tube. it adds on a bit of weight but i aint no weak guy who needs a super light bike that feels like it could break under pedeling. If you do dh, trials or jumpind, and you want the best, go for these. You do get a lotta rubber for the money (and believe me, thats a lot of rubber).

Favorite Trail:   horntn hill bsx

Purchased At:   Buckingham bikes

Similar Products Used:   none really.

Submitted by Mike a Downhiller from Boulder, CO, USA

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2001

Strengths:    Heavy Duty

Weaknesses:    Not Thorn Resistant

Bottom Line:
Awesome Tubes, I've been riding them for 6 months and only one flat tire. ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET

Favorite Trail:   Rough Terrain of all sorts

Purchased At:   POLAR REVOLOUTION

Similar Products Used:   Avenir TR Tubes that are 4.4 MM thick, and cheap ass tubes

Bike Setup:   2000 SC Bullit

Submitted by Dustin a Downhiller from SB, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2000

Strengths:    Thick and big, yet still fits in tire.

Weaknesses:    I have pinch flatted at least three of them, when I felt there was no reason to pinch flat.

Bottom Line:
Not much else out there that doesn't pop from thorns and stuff like that.

Favorite Trail:   Tunnel

Similar Products Used:   Cheap-o tubes

Submitted by Mik D a Downhiller from Atlanta, GA

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2000

Strengths:    thick & heavy 2.35

Weaknesses:    not puncture proof

Bottom Line:
12$ or $13 each they aren't cheap-but work well for DH & rough stuff!!

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   regular chen sengs/also good

Bike Setup:   Azonic DS1

Submitted by Mike a Downhiller from CT

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2000

Strengths:    I got this tube for free at a DH race when i came in 3rd. I have done 3 DH races and lots of urban riding and haven't gone flate yet.

Weaknesses:    ?

Bottom Line:
These are some beefy tubes compaired to the old hutchingson i was running. Great tube

Favorite Trail:   Plattekill

Similar Products Used:   Hutchingson

Bike Setup:   Gt Lts 2000 ds

Submitted by CaveMan a Downhiller from AZ

Date Reviewed: May 1, 1999

Strengths:
fits tires

Weaknesses:
valve stem tears off; expensive

Bottom Line:
The valve stem tore away from tube rendering usless after a very short period of time. 2.75-3.00 x 21 motorcycle tubes work much better and are half the price.

less than 1 month