Canadian Tire Flat Resistent Tubes Tube

4.43/5 (7 Reviews)

Canadian Tire Flat Resistent Tubes

Submitted by chris a Cross Country Rider from Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2005

Strengths:    rock solid tube wall at a rock solid weight

Weaknesses:    tube valve mounting

Bottom Line:
We have both used these tubes for about 2 years--me because I run very low pressure (24 - 28) and my son for the drops. Over the last year we have had 3 failures of these tubes--always the same defect. The valve stem separates slightly at its mounting on the tube. It's just a very small crack that developes, but there goes the air! Now this is on two completely different bikes and two very different riders. Possible qaulity control issue? I have been now reinforcing this stem mount area with a tube repair disc drilled out in the centre.

We are also now trying Duro Thorn Proof (same massive tube, but made in Taiwan; the CT's are made in China)

Similar Products Used:   maxxis, nokian, hutchison DH tubes

Bike Setup:   Norco Team Issue; my freeriding son is on an Azonic Steelhead with SC Shivers

Submitted by Kyoto Bob a Cross Country Rider from Burnaby BC Canada

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2003

Strengths:    Haven't gotten a flat on any of my bikes with this tube. Allows for use with high-efficiency, low-rolling-resistance commuter tires.

Weaknesses:    Weights like two tubes

Bottom Line:
This is the "best" inner tube for a bike if you ride in a municipality that has unswept streets with glass and construction debris everywhere.

Favorite Trail:   Safe city back alleys & laneways

Purchased At:   Canadian Tire

Similar Products Used:   Kenda "slime" tube which didn't work fast enough. It took 4 pump-ups for the Kenda goo to stop the air leak. However, I wasn't confident enough with the Kenda stop-leak for long term cycling, and ended up scrapping the Kenda anyway.

Bike Setup:   Several city bikes, actually. This CCM "puncture resistant" inner tube for bicycles is best used with the Specialized "Hemisphere" bike tire.

Submitted by brian from Mtl,Qc,Canada

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2002

Strengths:    Thick as rhino skin. these are some tubes...they know how to build em here

Weaknesses:    A little heavy...but then again so is Rita MacNeil but Canada loves her anyway.

Bottom Line:
THey are worth it both money wise and weight wise. I kept getting flats (2 in 3 days) then after these babys...no FLATS!!!!!! they rock. GO CANADIAN TIRE

Purchased At:   Canadian Tyre

Similar Products Used:   Chen Shing, anti puncture...

Submitted by SGT. ROCK a Racer from Edmonton, AB, Canada

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2002

Strengths:    Thickest rubber this side of a tractor tube
Only in Canada, eh? Pity!

Weaknesses:    Weight

Bottom Line:
These have to be the thickest bike tubes on the planet. They are actually CCM brand tubes, and they almost as much as a Kevlar bead XC tire! You could run them without a tire, if you could hold 'em on the rim. A Nokian DH tube looks like a Ramses superthin compared to this puppy!

Buy one just to have people ask "Where the hell did you get that thing?"

Similar Products Used:   There is nothing similar

Bike Setup:   2002 Norco Launch

Submitted by Chris a Weekend Warrior from Vancouver

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2000

Strengths:    Strength

Weaknesses:    Weight (but who's counting.)

Bottom Line:
These tires are good for lower pressure but if you have them in the 50's and do drops kiss 'em good bye. I found that the hard way.

Submitted by mtb_411 a Weekend Warrior from Montreal

Date Reviewed: July 24, 1999

Bottom Line:
I'm still on my first set but now have moved them to my new LTS-2000 DS. On my first ride riding on the road I got a flat. Uh-oh! Actually, I rode over a tack that stuck out of the tire at a 90 degree angle. It went right through the tire and the tube but I was still able to ride home... plus another 20km easy trail riding! I patched it up and am now running sub 35psi everywhere including the super rocky terrain of Bromont, Quebec and no problems yet. These tubes are still the best! Even a tubless tire could not have withstood that tack incident!

1 Year

Submitted by mtb_411 a Cross-Country Rider from Montreal

Date Reviewed: April 3, 1999

Strengths:
Absolutly no possibility of EVER getting a flatCHEAP!!!!

Weaknesses:
Heavy

Bottom Line:
These tubes are killer! You can honnestly run about 5-7 less psi than with other tubes. I ride on rocky technical East coast trails so I've had my share of flats. You buy these in big-ass boxes 'cuz they are so thick! It's like running a garden hose as a tube! NO FLATS EVER!!!!!!! The downside is weight but I figure you save that weight by not ever needing a patch kit! In over a year on my rear tire, I have not had a flat while riding over things that have flatted my friends tubes. GET 'EM!!!!!!

6 months