Home | Reviews | Tire | WTB

• DETAILS - steel bead | standard rubber | rugged casing

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Dan Webb a Cross Country Rider from Ozona, TX, USA

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2008

Strengths:    Great tire for its intended use. I only ride this bike for the odd trip around town and the Slickasaurus fits the bill for this use. I have had the tires for more than three years and though I do not ride this bike every day, the tires are holding up fine. I have never had a flat that I would attribute to the tires.

Weaknesses:    I am not sure if it qualifies as a weakness, but I do wish the tire was a bit lighter.

Bottom Line:
    I would buy these tires again. They have tamed the various road hazards.

Favorite Trail:   any

Similar Products Used:   Retired trail tires

Bike Setup:   This particular bike is an old Bridgestone MB-5 - original except for the rear derailleur. I have kept the bike in good condition as it holds a special place in my heart; it is the first bike that I rode off road.

Submitted by Brown_Teeth a Cross Country Rider from Morro Bay CA USA

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2008

Strengths:    Wire bead was not the lightest but this tire is a nice 1.5 road tire. Sipping is fine and it has a nice almost raised/oval shape that reduces contact patch for easier rolling. Good amount of rubber.

Weaknesses:    Not very light for a slick but you can roll over minor glass w/o flatting.

Bottom Line:
    Good tire for the price, rolls well and had up to the rated 80 psi in it no problems. Even with wire bead semi easy to mount. Good solution for turning a 26er into a road bike.

Purchased At:   CBO