Home | Reviews | Tire | WTB

WTB InterWolf 38c Tire

2.75/5 (4 Reviews)
Weight : 410 grams

The Interwolf features a large casing that decreases pinch flats while better supporting the tread. It also features a double fin-like center tread with low, stable outside knobs for secure cornering on the tarmac.

Submitted by Chris V. a Weekend Warrior from Lincoln

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2009

Strengths:    Cheap, good all arounder.

Weaknesses:    Not thorn resistant. Wear quickly.

Bottom Line:
I like these tires. Especially when I get them on sale for 9.95 a piece from Nashbar. The tire rolls nicely on gravel roads and gives some cush. They are also decent performers on pavement when I commute. I have had a few goat heads easily puncture these tires, but that is how it works. If I was a daring fellow I would set these tires up tubeless. I know of another local rider that rode one of these tires tubeless for many miles. I have put over 2-3K on these tires over the last couple of years. The rear will wear quickly, but at 10.00 bucks a tire I am not worried too much about it. Some of the more expensive tires will easily set you back 50-75 bucks a piece!! With wider rims the tire contact patch flattens out nicely and they handle well IMHO.

Favorite Trail:   Gravel

Purchased At:   Nashbar

Similar Products Used:   Allterainasuras

Bike Setup:   Surly Cross Check. Mavic A719 rims.

Submitted by Ron a Weekend Warrior from Chicago

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2008

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    Three flats in less than 500 miles due to poor puncture resistance.

Bottom Line:
When I first started riding these tires they seemed almost sticky and very soft. Picked up lots of small stones on gravel trails for the first 250 miles. After 3 puncture flats I give up!

(I rode the same paths and routes last year with my old 1980's hard tail steel frame mountain bike with the original old tires. Never had a flat in 1200 miles!)

Favorite Trail:   Rail Trails, Commuting

Purchased At:   Came stock with Bike

Similar Products Used:   MTB Tires

Bike Setup:   Montare Hybrid

Submitted by Paul a Cross Country Rider from Youngstown, Ohio, USA

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2008

Strengths:    None noticed.

Weaknesses:    Rear tire wore in center VERY quickly. Front tire cracked a reinforcing wire and started puncturing tubes in about 10 months.

Bottom Line:
Nothing good to say.

Similar Products Used:   Stock with bike

Bike Setup:   Fisher Montaire

Submitted by Don a Weekend Warrior from Marietta, GA, USA

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2007

Strengths:    MTB tire level traction - whether climbing on MTB trails or flying down forest service roads, lots of volume to handle the rough trails, tough... no flats or cuts, price!

Weaknesses:    a bit on the heavy side... but who cares.

Bottom Line:
I've ridden these through the front range of Colorado - including Rollins Pass with full packs and all over the Georgia mountains. I would recommend them to anyone. They're fast enough for the road and allow you to venture into most mtb trails on a bike with drop bars. I wish I could say it was the pilot but unfortunately not.

Favorite Trail:   Anything at Slaty Fork WV