Home | Reviews | Tire | Tioga

Tioga Factory Extreme Pro Tire

3.43/5 (7 Reviews)

26"x2.10" (51mm casing; 54mm tread) > FAT66 casing technology > PRO version features Slow Rebound Rubber > 570g folding bead; 600g steel bead

Submitted by Grant Tourismo a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2012

Strengths:    Good All- around Tyres,Have a moto-Style Pattern..

Weaknesses:    It's hard to find ....

Bottom Line:
This is good Tyres especially if you're a hardcore rider,....

Similar Products Used:   Kenda Nevegal.

Submitted by acetechm3 a Cross Country Rider from Pound Ridge, NY

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2010

Strengths:    wide for a 2.1, all good. Very stable carcass, wont fold over under high load. Nice round tread profile for confident grip transitioning from starights to turns. resonably light. puncture resistant.
My favorite tire :)

Weaknesses:    None for me other than its hard to find this tire.

Bottom Line:
No desire to test anyother tire, this is my fave.

Favorite Trail:   Cherch creek Durango, CO

Purchased At:   MTBR member

Similar Products Used:   Yeti IRC, Panaracer fire road XC, IRC Mythos.

Bike Setup:   Merlin XTL hard tail

Submitted by colby a Cross Country Rider from cheshire, England

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2008

Strengths:    Good for all xc, trails, single track

Weaknesses:    wears quick-ish on road

Bottom Line:
Great tyres, i run the 2.1 xc factory and do alot of xc in which they dont pick up mud neither slip. I also use them on the black routes and single track, vey impressed with these and got most of my freinds using them now! Underated tyre thats cheep enough to try. You`ll be surprised

Favorite Trail:   nant ye arion

Purchased At:   on bike when i got i

Bike Setup:   carrera

Submitted by Marko a Cross Country Rider from New Zealand

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2004

Strengths:    Quite a thick casing, so punctures would be rare in theory.

Weaknesses:    These tyres wash out on most surfaces. They are the biggest 2.1 tires I have come across (is that a weakness??)

Bottom Line:
In my first 5 rides on these tires I managed to ride in 4 differant locations, each with differant trail conditions - slick hardpacked clay, loamy volcanic soil (in heavy rain), mud, and hardpack sand. The only time I felt completely safe while cornering was while riding on the hard sand. In all other conditions it was a real battle to stay upright. Mud clearing was a problem also, and only seamed to happen at high speeds.

I also found I was having to work a bit harder to keep up with my riding companions, the rolling restistance seams to be quite high.

Now I did get these tires as a spot prize so I can't complain about getting ripped off, but they did cause me to have a number of rides that were less than enjoyable. not good!

Purchased At:   I won them (spot prize)

Similar Products Used:   Geax Arrojo, Hutchinson Alligator, WTB VelociRaptor

Bike Setup:   Gary Fisher Sugar 2+, xt/xtr everything, blah blah blah...

Submitted by tom a Racer from philly

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2004

Strengths:    Good all around tire. Does'nt pinch flat too easy. Good in mud. Not too heavy. Good tread life (mine are not the pro version)

Weaknesses:    It rolls kinda slow, but it grips well.

Bottom Line:
This is just a great trail bike tire. I weigh 185lbs and run the back at 35lbs and the front at like 30lbs and I rarely pinch flat. If you're looking for a good all around trail bike tire, I highly recommend these.

Favorite Trail:   got dirt

Similar Products Used:   factory dh 2.3, great tire

Bike Setup:   I run these on my xc race bike when I'm not racing.

Submitted by Scott a Cross Country Rider from Bendigo. Victoria, Australia

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2004

Strengths:    Huge casing for a 2.1, light weight for size. looks cool

Weaknesses:    more pronounced edging knobs would be nice

Bottom Line:
The first ride I had these the front wanted to wash out on me. The trails around here are hardpack with occasional loamy sections, and a lot of gravelly topcoat. After the waxy mold coating wore off, and having played with pressures, they worked a lot better, letting me carve corners tightly and not getting overly upset with the gravellt topcoat. I'm using it as a front tyre, with a Red Phoenix on the back. I picked it up cheap as someone had swapped it off a new bike.

Purchased At:   Bendigo Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Panaracer Dart, Syncros Rubbber, Onza Rail, Maxxis Helter, Panaracer Duster, Hutchinson On the Rocks

Bike Setup:   Mongoose HT

Submitted by Revela a Downhiller from San Francisco, Ca.

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2003

Strengths:    none.

Weaknesses:
beware front end wash outs! Wide Wide spacing on knobs means loose loose skids.

Bottom Line:

If you bought the Kona and were unlucky enough to get them on those lightweight disk rims... , just swap them right at the dealer for something that you know works. I'd bought my bike and on the way home I thought I'd take a little warm up ride for a break in / adjust session. [ this said, it means I was riding easy on new components ] So I'm back with the Kujo DH's [heavy but relieable] on an otherwise almost perfect factory ride. [ ok, swap that aheadset for a Chris King too...]

I had to post a note about this - they're damm slick and don't belong on Kona product.

Favorite Trail:   Eagle Lakes / Downieville

Bike Setup:   Kona Bear dlx. - chris king headset, custom rims ... etc.