Specialized Pinn'er Control Tire

• Compound: 60a
  • PSI: 25-50

Submitted by justwan naride a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2012

Strengths:    Puncture resistance, cornering at speed (off camber too! ), decent RR, durability

Weaknesses:    weight, slow speed cornering

Bottom Line:
When I started riding more technical trails the Panaracer Fire XC proved to be too low volume for use on the front so I started looking for a wider, aggressive tyre. I got this at the lbs used in a very good condition and paid half price.

It likes to be pushed into corners and leaned well onto its sideblocks. We have some pretty fast off camber turns here and ridden this way it never dissapoints. It doesn't respond well in half-hearted, slow cornerning, where you may lose control of the front unexpectedly. I believe this has something to do with the distance between main and side knobs. The faster you go, the better it grips.

Conditions: I haven't ridden in very muddy trails with this tyre but it's fine in average wet conditions. I'd say it performs best when the ground is slightly damp. Also fine in the dry.

I ride rocky singletrack and "playfull" xc and this tyre has covered my needs over the past season. Too heavy for xc racing or a light build. Good value because I didn't pay full price.

Favorite Trail:   anything narrow and turny

Purchased At:   Local Specialized de

Similar Products Used:   Panaracer Fire XC Pro, Kenda Navegal

Bike Setup:   short travel trail hardtail, customized for tight singletrack and general fun

Submitted by iceman43 a Cross Country Rider from Oxnard,CA, US

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2011

Strengths:    Great traction in all conditions

Weaknesses:    Weight,slight rolling resistance

Bottom Line:
This tire holds up very well, I have riden over 300 miles on this thing with no flats. I am a All Mountain Rider and ride in all types of conditions, this thing grips like no other. It did great at the famous Big Bear MTB park in SO Cal, I am pushing 240+lbs and run at 35psi. This thing is indistructible, even with putting the mileage has not worn out for nothing. All you XC riders and All Mountain riders looking for a tire that works in all conditions get this tire.

Favorite Trail:   Sycamore Canyon