Specialized 04 Enduro Pro Tire Tire

3.11/5 (9 Reviews)

A tire designed to satisfy the most demanding rider in any situation. The Enduro has a higher air volume for both a plush ride and protection from pinch flats. Pro level offers longer wearing tread compound than our S-Works racing version. Throw our Flak Jacket puncture protection into the mix and you''ve got a bullet-proof lightweight tire.

Submitted by ed a Weekend Warrior from uk

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2006

Strengths:    massive air volume
very light

Weaknesses:    collect a lot of mud

Bottom Line:
I bought these because they combined the lightest weight with greatest air volume that i could find.
Awesome in Alpine rocky rooty stuff - huge air volume adds an extra inch of suspestion.
Worth bearing in mind that these are larger than other tyres of similar size rating. Eg: My 2.2 Adrenaline Pro is much bigger than my 2.35 Maxxis High Roller.
Not great in Uk mud - suddenly get very heavy

Bike Setup:   hardcore/FR hardtail

Submitted by Gavin a Weekend Warrior from Atlanta, GA

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2005

Strengths:    Big profile. Solid "look".

Weaknesses:    Corner's like a MARTA bus on ludes.

Bottom Line:
The tire gets me up hills ok, tho they feel a bit sluggish at times. Kinda like glue. Cornering is horrible. They tend to skid in drier, hard-pack conditions. I run them lower than others (~35-40 psi). They "look" good with the bike, but I'm gonna trade them out with Continentals.

Favorite Trail:   Tsali

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Continental Vertical Pro

Bike Setup:   '05 Specialized Enduro, Fox Vanilla 125 RLC, Race Face DH cranks, XTR rear, LX front, Avid BBD7s

Submitted by Raymond C a Cross Country Rider from State College, PA, USA

Date Reviewed: July 6, 2005

Strengths:    light weight for size
great traction
high volume

Weaknesses:    high rolling resistance

Bottom Line:
This is a great tire as long as you do not mind high rolling resistance. I loved this tires in the winter, with low low pressures, say 28, they were so nice in the snow. I also love these tires in the rock gardens, their super tall profile helps my 26" geared bike roll almost as well as my 29er SS. These tires have worn well and should last me another winter. Don't race on these tires, well unless it is a race through rock gardens.

Favorite Trail:   John Wert

Purchased At:   Gatto Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Conti Explore, Conti Escape, Bonti ACX, Hutchinson Spyders

Bike Setup:   '04 Voodoo Bizango

Submitted by dauwalt a Weekend Warrior from Stillwater,OK

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2005

Strengths:    Hook up great in most conditions. Very good cornering. Don't roll great on hard pack, but they're not supposed to.

Weaknesses:    don't offer a lot of snake bit protection. they cracked fairly soon; w/in 6 months. Some knobs started ripping off. These drawbacks didn't seem to hurt performance though.

Bottom Line:
Good tire for good grip. May start to crack and wear, but doesn't really hurt performance from what I can tell.

Favorite Trail:   12 Miles of Hell

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Adrenaline D2 Pro (rear only), and Fast tracks (front and back). neither hooks up as well as the enduro and they roll better, but they're supposed to.

Bike Setup:   Specialize hard rock pro

Submitted by Nate ` a Downhiller from Hilo, HI, US

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2005

Strengths:    Fairly good grip over any dry terrain, dirt berms, lava rock, loose gravel.

Weaknesses:    Pinches like crazy, these came on my bike and in the last 6 months I have had more than a dozen snake bites. I ride Urban and hard xc with roots and rocks all over, and as long as I miss the rocks or dont do any overly large drops im fine. Note: the front has never pinched, so maybe I'm just a little hard on my bike.

Bottom Line:
I would not get these tires again. As long as your a rider that is not hitting any large obsicles, they are fine, but they have very thin side walls and I am upgrading to Tioga Factory DH 2.3 or Panaracer Fire DH 2.3 as suggested by my riding buddy.

Favorite Trail:   Kulani, Hilo Hawaii

Purchased At:   Hilo Bike Hub

Similar Products Used:   First Real MTN bike, BMX before.

Bike Setup:   Hardrock Pro Disk, Upgraded

Submitted by Doug a Cross Country Rider from SoCal

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2004

Strengths:    Incredible grip on downhill sections. Flies over rock gardens like they aren't even there.

Weaknesses:    Heavy. Very high rolling resistance. Heavy. No grip on sandy climbs. Gets bogged down in sand. Heavy

Bottom Line:
The negatives outweigh the positives. I found this tire to have a very high level of rolling resistance. I don't know if it was the weight or the pattern or what, but for where I ride, they were absolutely dreadful. They also don't grip very well on climbs.

They came on my Spec Enduro. I didn't like them at all, so I swapped them for the Panaracer Fire Xc Pro's, which I ran on my previous bike. The Panaracers were much better. They also saved me well over a pound over the Enduros.

If you do more downhills than climbs, I think this tire would suit you well. If you climb a lot like I do, look elsewhere.

Purchased At:   Came stock on My Spec Enduro Expert

Similar Products Used:   Panaracer Fire X Pro

Bike Setup:   Stock '04 Spec. Enduro Expert

Submitted by alex a Cross Country Rider from slc, ut

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2004

Strengths:    Good side grips, corners well.

Weaknesses:    Dont last long at all. Used about 2 months and they're torn up. Knobbies in the middle are ripped off.

Bottom Line:
OK of stockies. Need more durability, I cant believe how fast they're cooked. A friend rides the same stuff with hutch scopions and they're done just as fast. Caca in my book.

Favorite Trail:   porcupine

Bike Setup:   Spec. enduro expert

Submitted by Tony Soprano a Weekend Warrior from Ph

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2004

Strengths:    Big for a 2.0 tire, but amazingly light. Big label looks cool.

Weaknesses:    The product description indicated that these tires are for hardpack/loose conditions, but I was slipping and sliding at the trail yesterday! I tried lowering the pressure, but to no avail.

Bottom Line:
These tires suck! I'm going back to my 1.95 Karma's

Favorite Trail:   any

Purchased At:   Borrowed it from a friend

Similar Products Used:   Kenda Karma, Klaw, WTB Motoraptors, Maxxis

Bike Setup:   hardtail xc set-up

Submitted by Joel from San Luis Obispo

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2004

Strengths:    Since they came with the new bike, the price was right. However, I've really come to like these tires. Great air volume, light, roll fairly fast for a tread pattern like this. Aired up easy with Stans.

Weaknesses:    The little holes in the knobbies throw tiny rocks. Seems to have stopped after a couple weeks. For the last month or so, its been all good.

Bottom Line:
I'm very happy with these for stock tires. I'm very ready to replace them with the same item. Which is odd in my book, since I rarely think of factory tires as being worth a damn.

I had read that the Enduro tires tore knobs off, but either they fixed this problem for 2004 or I haven't managed to knock any off yet. Not sure, but I've given them a pretty good work out over the last month or so. They are also wearing pretty nice. For the grippyness, and knobby pattern I expected the center nobs to go bald in no time, but they are doing OK.

Not only do I like their traction, but they hold air great with Stans. The bike feels very nibble and grippy, but is still stable at speed.

Great tire, for any price.

Purchased At:   Art's SLO Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   Last tires were WTB Raptors 2.1.

Bike Setup:   Specialized Enduro, 2004. Running tubless.