Specialized 02 Rockster Sport Tire Tire

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Designed with World Champion Marga Fullana to deliver a lightweight, low rolling resistance semi-knobby tire with the advantages of tubeless technology. Provides hardpack speed with corner bite.

Submitted by Mike Good a Weekend Warrior from Preston,CT

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2003

Strengths:    Great for road riding. Great traction conquering asphalt hills. Just okay on trails.

Weaknesses:    Barely any traction once I hit the trails.

Bottom Line:
A good tire for what kind of riding I do. But if you are serious about off-road, invest in a different tire.

Favorite Trail:   Pachaug State Forest

Purchased At:   Sunshine Cycle

Bike Setup:   2002 Specialized HardRock Comp, TREK Fusion CPU unit

Submitted by Greg Brown a Cross Country Rider from San Diego

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2002

Strengths:    One word: GREAT!

Weaknesses:    Found none as of yet...

Bottom Line:
It took me a while to get back on the saddle after I had a bad accident while using full slicks (on a road bike) that landed me in a hospital room for three days and having some dental work done on me.

I loved the idea (and only after 12 years had passed) of buying my first ever mountain bike. In this case my new mountain bike came with a pair of Specialized Rockster Sport Tires in which I've had no problems with so far. And after riding through a crapload of junk on the road, broken bottles, sharp-edged metal objects, gravel, simi-dried engine oil and water, and loose sand on the asphalt and other unavoidable mini landmine obstacles.

If more people heard of these tires called the Rockster Sports, they wouldn't think of getting full slicks ever again for their mountain bikes.

With a regain of full confidence I'm happy to say I'm back on the saddle, and loveing it!

Favorite Trail:   ALL