Schwalbe Hurricane Tire

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Light weight combined with low rolling resistance. Ideal for dry, sandy and fast cross-country courses. Available in with blue skinwall (LBL-SK) or with aluminum colored (ALU-SK) or bronze (BRZ-SK) skinwall . Recommended use as rear tire. Folding bead.

Submitted by Danny Targa a Cross Country Rider from Victoria

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2003

Strengths:    Awesome looking, low rolling resistance, good in wet conditions (light trails) excellent tire for MTB used for commuting purposes, relatively light weight.

Weaknesses:    None noted to date.

Bottom Line:
Get these tires if you use your mountain bike for street and light trails. They are meaty looking (under my Marrozochi EXR's) without being heavy, have very low rolling resistance, low noise and are great in most conditions. No downhilling, etc. for this old man...perfect set up for the weekend rider. Good price and smooth ride from a great company.

Favorite Trail:   Goose

Purchased At:   Bicycleitis

Similar Products Used:   Schwalbe Marathon, WTB Primal Raptors

Bike Setup:   '03 Brodie Fury...mostly stock. Penske Yellow...yee-hawwwww! aka Baywatch Bike! Lots of compliments on kickass color!

Submitted by Harri Manni a Cross Country Rider from Ludvika, Sweden

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2003

Strengths:    This is a review of the Hurricane GX Light, not sure what the difference is compared to Hurricane GX.

Been using these tires for almost a year now, well, at least the non winter part of the year. I must say I'm positively surprised, I bought these with a rather big discount and I had hardly heard of the brand previously. I like semi-slick tires and my IRC Mythos XC Slicks were worn out so I decided to try something different.

As I am a XC rider I have rather high pressure in the tires so I don't know how they behave with less pressure, but they seem pretty puncture resistant. I have not had any punctures so far (knock on wood). I was looking for 1.95 wide but they got only 2.10, but they feel fast any way.

They are fast, doesn’t wear out fast, good grip for semi-slicks, looks OK.

Weaknesses:    Not so light, despite the name. A bit hard to get off and on.

Bottom Line:
If you get your hands on theese with a discount you can't go wrong with them. Value rating for me is 5 Chilis.

Favorite Trail:   Any trail will do...

Purchased At:   Lindbergs Cykel och sport