Performance Topo XC Tire

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Submitted by john capriotti a Cross Country Rider from Wyndmoor

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2005

Strengths:    Excellent hook up in mud, in shist (loose sandy), and on hardpack. This is becoming my all time favorite tire.

Weaknesses:    A big on the heavy side but it rolls easy and hooks up well.

Bottom Line:
This tire rolls fast, hooks up in nearly any condition, and is dirt cheap. The only tire I've used that can come close is the S-works Roll X Race at over twice the price. I'm really particular about my tires and this one doesn't let me down. I also like knowing that others pass it up because its a Performance product. Try it and love it.

JC

Favorite Trail:   the one I'm on at the time

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Similar Products Used:   S-Works Roll X Race, Weirwold, Montoraptor, Panarace Fire, Cinder, Dart, Bontrager Race X, Pythons, SpiderAirLight, Wildgripper, Hot S kevlar, etc etc

Bike Setup:   Specialized Epic S-Works, XTR drive, thompson and specialized throughout, King etc.

Submitted by STEVEN HAMILTON a Weekend Warrior from ALISO VEIJO, CA

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2002

Strengths:    GOOD ALL AROUD GRIP. (I USED THIS TO RUN THROUGH MUD AND WET CONDITIONS AND IT HOOKS UP WELL.)

Weaknesses:    DOESN,T RUN SMOOTH ON ASPHALT.

Bottom Line:
THIS IS PROBABLY MY FAVORITE TIRE TO RUN THRU MESSY CONDITIONS. STAYS CLEAN RUNNING THROUGH MUD AND MUCK. FOR THE PRICE I DO NOT I'VE SEEN A TIRE THAT CAN TOUCH IT IN MUDDY CONDITIONS.

Favorite Trail:   ALISO/ WOOD CANYON

Purchased At:   PERFORMANCE

Bike Setup:   TREK 4900 DISC, DEORE

Submitted by Mike Eckley a Weekend Warrior from Avon Lake

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2002

Strengths:    Toughness-handling-looks!!-580 grams 1.95 NObody else running them!!!!!!!!!! Nice all black tire with a small yellow 2" X 1" rectangle with black "XC" printed inside. The rectangle is on one side. Very sleeper!!

Weaknesses:    none yet

Bottom Line:
For the Money this tire is a sleeper. I would definitley recommend it! I just rode through some construction mud which had two weeks of rain on it. My geax 1.85 went right through it on my Specialized stumpy pro. I was curious as to how these would handle it on the GT. They went through it, maybe better than the Geax's!! I think these will be a great all around tire to be used all summer and into the wet fall. I running this in the rear paired to a Panaracer fire xc pro 2.10 up front and this combo rocks! If you look at the two tread patterns they really look like a nice moto-cross setup!!

Favorite Trail:   Holiday Valley

Purchased At:   Performance Bicycle

Similar Products Used:   Geax Blade 1.85-2.00-2.25, Hutchinson alligator gold 2.00 Panaracer fire xc pro 2.10, various Specialized

Bike Setup:   GT Zaskar team Rock Shox Sid Carbon Race