Michelin XC Road Tire

• 33 TPI casing
  • Alternate version

Submitted by cbabir a Weekend Warrior from Orlando, FL

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2009

Strengths:    Fast, Light, Good Grip

Weaknesses:    None yet!

Bottom Line:
Very fast rolling tires that require much less effort and seem to coast forever. Surprisingly, they perform pretty well off of the pavement as well. I tried riding on the grass/sand next to the paved trail, and had no problem at all. I have not had a single flat yet with these tires, but I am very careful where I ride, or I'm just lucky!

Favorite Trail:   West Orange

Purchased At:   Locomotion

Similar Products Used:   N/A

Bike Setup:   Giant Rincon
Avid BB7 Front and Rear
Michelin XC Road

Submitted by Poggiali a Cross Country Rider from Croatia

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2008

Strengths:    Great grip on dry tarmac, realy low roling resistance, silent :)

Weaknesses:    Loosing grip on wet tarmac :(

Bottom Line:
Great value for money, i realy like low resistance tyres, because i ride 90% on tarmac, michelin offers fine slick tyre for that kind of user :)

Purchased At:   Fumić

Bike Setup:   Focus Northern Lite, SRAM x9 rear d, SRAM x5 front d, SRAM x7 shifters, Rock Shox Tora 302, Avid Juicy 3 203/185, Alex Rims DP 17

Submitted by Mike Eder a Weekend Warrior from West Orange

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2007

Strengths:    Light and smooth rolling

Weaknesses:    Flats too easily

Bottom Line:
I use the ole' HT for commuting to my train station. The ride is mostly road, so I opted for slicks. I like the minimum rolling resistance, but I have flatted twice in a week with them, without even knowing what I ran over. I try to be careful not to ride over broken glass, etc. The first time, I was going downhill pretty fast and had to make a turn. I didn't realize at first that the tire wad already lost a lot of air, so as soon as I leaned the bike, the front washed out and made hamburger meat out of my shin. I guess I'll put in a little more time on them. (just bought 4 tubes). If the flats keep happening, I'm going back to Specialized Nimbus, even thought they weigh quite a bit more. (Due to the built in flat protection).

Favorite Trail:   Hartshorne Woods