Michelin DH 24 AT Tire

• 'Anti-roll' wire bead design
  • Multi-functional knob pattern

Submitted by chandhole a Cross Country Rider from Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2009

Strengths:    Amazing grip in all conditions. Stiffer sidewall allows for lower pressures. Corner well. Brake well.

Weaknesses:    So damn heavy.

Bottom Line:
These things hook up on everything but man are they a pig to pedal. I have two on my bike and I think they added 2-4lbs to the weight, and in the worst place to add weight. You can use them for AM and XC but I think they are really for FR/DH as indicated in the name. As you can see I didn't spend much (hence the high value rating) which is why I decided to try them, plus the sales guy said he used them XC and AM and they work great, which they are, just heavy.

Now I have a good tire option at a cheap price for those days when I plan to go down hills more than up them.
Although, they do make for a good workout! I'm keeping them on for now, it's not that bad.

p.s. I'm going to try reversing the front one to see if that helps with the XC riding.

Purchased At:   MEC

Similar Products Used:   Panaracer FR

Bike Setup:   SC Heckler

Submitted by Condro a Downhiller from Nor Cal

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2007

Strengths:    I always clip the intermediate knob to open up the cornering knobs. With this tire cut you can really run it in all conditions.
2.5 and 2.2 tire sizes availible.

Weaknesses:    Not meant for open grassy slopes, but hey they never claimed to be. That's what the Comp 16 is for.

Bottom Line:
Run the them last a long time. Even when the tread looks beat you're still gonna hook up.

Favorite Trail:   Deer Valley DH

Similar Products Used:   DH tires. the black ones

Bike Setup:   I run these tire on DH and 4X. I run them for XC when the conditions call for it.

Submitted by Shaker666 a Cross Country Rider from Vancouver, BC, Canada

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2006

Strengths:    Seriously incredible traction, even in deep snow.

Weaknesses:    Heavy as can be... doesn't work well on ice, duh.

Bottom Line:
These are very good tires. They definitely do not work on ice very well, though. I bailed twice last night.

Similar Products Used:   Maxxis Highroller 2.5, IRC Mythos XC, DMR Moto 2.2

Bike Setup:   '06 Devinci Ollie

Submitted by Joe Squillace a Weekend Warrior from Rapid City, SD, USA

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2006

Strengths:    GRIPPY on everything I have ridden! Durable!

Weaknesses:    Heavy

Bottom Line:
This tire has some friggin awsome traction! When they say it is allround, they mean it. Loose rocks, hardpack, dry or wet rock, partially snowy conditions, this sucker does it all! I am clearing stuff on climbs that I have always had problems gripping. The only down side is that it is really heavy! If you arent in good shape, you will be struggling if you plan to climb with it! It took the wind out of the the first time I took it out, and I am in good shape. So bottom line: sweet allround conditions tire, awsome for DH, traction traction traction on the climbs, but its a drag trying to pedal it... Sweet tire! Ill would give it a 5 if it werent for the weight.

Favorite Trail:   cookie monster