Home | Reviews | Tire | Maxxis

Maxxis High Roller II EXO Tire

The open and aggressive tread design gives the High Roller II excellent soil penetration and mud.....

Submitted by TJ a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2014

Strengths:    Climbing, corners like its on rails once you learn to trust and commit to the cornering characteristics of the tire, rolls fast for such an aggressive design and it looks cool on the bike.

Weaknesses:    Starting ripping the side lugs off, but it was after a lot of abuse, several months of regular riding and worth it given the performance!

Bottom Line:
I ride the 2.4 front and rear, am close to 200 pounds with my gear and run tubes @ 26-30 in the front and 30-35 in the rear. The best tire I have ever had on my 2011 EVO 26 Stumpy and perfect for my style and area (California - loose and dry) of riding.

Favorite Trail:   Cannell

Duration Product Used:   6+months

Purchased At:   Jensen/Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Nevegal (modified), Excavator, Specialized, Hans Dampf (worst tire I have ever had on my bike). All 2.3's or greater.

Bike Setup:   2011 Stumpy Evo 26, 2004 Kona Coiler DeeLux 26, 2007 Sant Cruz Heckler 26, 2003 Stumpy 26

Submitted by DVGJTCO a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2013

Strengths:    Corners like it is on a rail. Great for all mountain technical riding like the website says.

Weaknesses:    none yet

Bottom Line:
I bit the bullet and put them on front and back. First ride was UPS to the river, a couple turns and I knew I made the right choice. This tire blows the ardent away!

Favorite Trail:   Whole Enchilada