Home | Reviews | Tire | Kenda

Kenda Slant Six DTC SCT Tire

For years, Kenda’s most popularTires have beenThe Small Block 8 and Nevegal. Finally,They have created aTireThat embodiesThe spirit of bothThe Nevegal andThe Small Block. Excellent for intermediateTo hard- packedTerrain, you’ll speedThroughThe course, without worrying about slipping. Kenda has modifiedThe Slant SixTo make it compatible with fluid basedTubeless conversion systems. Bead: Folding Application: Front or RearTires SCT- Compatible with fluid basedTubeless conversion

Submitted by thechez a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2013

Strengths:    When you can find the right pressure for the situation it works okay. Rolls fast.

Weaknesses:    Low cornering grip, near impossible to find right pressure, slips out, soft sidewalls, fast wearing.

Bottom Line:
I used to think I was a Kenda fan until I realized the Nevegal is the only one I like from them. Nowadays other companies have superceded them in all realms. I bought this hoping it really was a fast version of a Nevegal. No. That it is not.
I know that ONCE I got the pressure right during the winter and it was fine and I never lost traction. In the following five months I have never found that pressure again for the conditions. Always slipping out on climbs, sidewall sag when cornering hard, fast wear on the center, very little cornering grip, etc... It does roll fast. I will give it that. Sealed up easily on my Velocity Blunt SL rims tubeless.
I've decided to try others like Geax and Conti instead. Kenda just seems to be behind the times.

Favorite Trail:   Ape Canyon

Purchased At:   Jenson

Similar Products Used:   Kenda Karma, Nevegal. Continental Trail King, Mountain King. Geax AKA. Specialized Sticky Rubber, Master Control.

Bike Setup:   Titus FTM, Blunt SL rims, King hubs. Revelation RCT3.