Home | Reviews | Tire | Kenda

Kenda Kontender Tire

Weight : 620 grams MSRP : $14.99

• Available in L3R low rolling resistance rubber
  • Water-dispersion grooves for excellent traction
  • 125 PSI rating for smoother end

Submitted by Kent - a Weekend Warrior from Australia

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2008

Strengths:    Starting out with my first real 'road' bike and these tyres came standard on in...2008 OCR3

Weaknesses:    None found as yet..but will say I prefer to run now at about 105psi

Bottom Line:
I'm 106kg, bout 181cm tall and mid 40's on my first new road bike. New to this style of riding. Had a hybrid for 10 yrs, moved up now. Using the bike about 3-4 times a week for about 50-70km total(light user).
I use a small compressor on adaptors on the valves to get 105-110psi in them and I like that pressure..smooth for me and doesnt feel like the brakes are on. Yes I feel some bumps, but it IS a bicycle you know! Using the bike to try an alternative to other sport now..gettin older ya know!
Thats my thoughts folks.

Favorite Trail:   -

Purchased At:   On my new bike!

Bike Setup:   bog standard 2008 OCR3 tyres as is!

Submitted by José Pinteiro a Cross Country Rider from Recife, PE, Brazil

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2006

Strengths:    Seems to last forever, grips very well the pavement, very low rolling resistance, kevlar beading.

Weaknesses:    being a 26x1.0 tire and runing at 125psi, the user can feel just almost every feature of the asfalt, so expect a little bit of a shaky ride.

Bottom Line:
A great tyre at a reasonable price. just remember to use it with high pressures (over 100psi) to avoid snake bites.

Bike Setup:   GT avalanche

Submitted by Justin a Cross Country Rider from Waco

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2005

Strengths:    They are thick and can run high pressures

Weaknesses:    They are very heavy and since mine are 26c they are very tall too

Bottom Line:
These are road bike tires, bit they are tough so i guess you could use them offroad... we did the tunis roubix and i had no problems going through the tough sections. They run up to 125psi which makes them run smoothly for such a huge heavy tire. They are very tall and rub my breaks sometimes if crap gets under there. I would buy them again if i could find them/ they came in a smaller size

Purchased At:   IbexBikes.com

Similar Products Used:   These are road bike tires...

Bike Setup:   Ibex Classis 3300