Home | Reviews | Tire | Kenda

Kenda Komfort Tire

4.67/5 (6 Reviews)
Weight : 620 grams MSRP : $18.27

Designed for smoothTrails, bike paths, and street use.Quality construction by Kenda. 690 grams 0-65 PSI

Submitted by Steve a Cross Country Rider from Michigan

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2008

Strengths:    Great all around tire. Rolls fast, handles H2O, decent traction.

Bottom Line:
I bought these tires to use my hardtail as a commuter style bike. This helped me log more hours of riding over the season. No complaints on these tires - they fit the bill perfectly. I also use Nevegals and SB8s from Kenda and like them all.

Favorite Trail:   Pontiac Lake, Holdridge, Maybury

Purchased At:   REI

Bike Setup:   Specialized Hardrock

Submitted by Travis D. a Cross Country Rider from Culver, IN

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2007

Strengths:    Great all around tire providing surprisingly smooth ride and grip because of the soft rubber. Solid performer on small gravel pea size and smaller.

Weaknesses:    Tire will kick to side to side with larger gravel but this is obvious because of the tire design.

Bottom Line:
VERY smooth tire that will give you plenty of off road grip on trails containing packed dirt and small pea size gravel. Smooth ride on country roads that use chip and seal for pavement. Smooth as silk with a brrrrr sound when traveling in town on the smoother pavement. Soft rubber providing excellent grip and traction. Great hybrid tire that provides an excellent on road ride and surprisingly off road performance.

Purchased At:   bike ship

Bike Setup:   I ride a Mongoose mountain bike now converted over to a hybrid rider with use of these tires.

Submitted by Ed a Cross Country Rider from Charlotte, NC

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2006

Strengths:    - Inexpensive
- Long life (tire is over four years old). Have over 1500 miles on (front) tire with significant tread life left. I believe I will get 2500 - 3000 miles on front tire.
- Good tread design for urban commuting. Provides good traction, including wet weather conditions, while maintaining comfortable ride.

Weaknesses:    None from my standpoint, but if someone's looking to minimize weight, while this is not an excessively heavy tire, it's not a low weight tire, either. Also, not designed for serious trail riding. (Fine for greenway type trails.)

Bottom Line:
Very economic tire for urban commuting/recreational uses that provides good traction for less than optimum road situations (e.g., rain).

Purchased At:   Bike Gallery

Bike Setup:   2001 Raleigh SC40 hybrid bike with original gears, brakes, etc. Outfitted with mirror, bell, lights, and rear metal baskets. Intended purely for commuting and recreational use.

Submitted by Craig a Weekend Warrior from Manchester, NH, USA

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2006

Strengths:    Excellent general use tire. Low rolling resitance and smooth turning/cornering for street & highway use. Enables a mountain bike to hang with road bikes and walk away from other mountain bikes on pavement. Tread pattern provides reasonable traction on trails. Tread thickness provides reasonable protection from road hazards. They're durable. I've put over 1000 miles on my first set. I like them enough to already have purchased a second set. But it'll be many more miles before the first set wears out. Fantastic performance for the money. Yes, they're comfortable to ride on too.

Weaknesses:    None. It will only reveal its' off-road limitations in deep sand or mud. But considering its' general-purpose design, this is only a limitation and not a weakness.

Bottom Line:
Awesome tire for fast rolling street performance and reasonable performance on trails.

Purchased At:   Jake's Bike Shop, Manchester, NH

Bike Setup:   Balance, model AL450, mountain-bike.

Submitted by Peter a Weekend Warrior from Chicago

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2006

Strengths:    Great traction on anything short of a full on dirt trail. I have used these for commuting year round and have never had a problem. They even got me home one day in about 3 inches of snow -- a little slippery but they worked.

They're also extremely durable. I have about 1500 miles on them right now and haven't even worn the texture off of the center treads.

Weaknesses:    None really. For the price it's hard to beat these tires.

Bottom Line:
Great tire for anything from road to gravel conditions. Long tread life and a bit quicker than full on knobby mountain tires.

Purchased At:   Johnny Sprockets

Similar Products Used:   Random mountain bike tires that were on sale or already mounted to used bikes I've bought.

Bike Setup:   Old Trek 850 Antelope with fenders, lights, rack and panniers.

Submitted by Russ a Weekend Warrior from Battle Creek, MI

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2006

Strengths:    High pressure tire turns my mountain bike into a cruiser/speedster for bombing through town with confidence. Greatly reduced roll resistance in comparison to knobby tires.

Weaknesses:    None. I love these tires. But, if you are hardcore singletracker, these probably are not for you.

Bottom Line:
I originally bought these as a replacement tire for my wife's Raleigh cruiser bike last year. I loved them so much that I had to throw a pair on my mountain bike. I ride primarily in town. I'm not a hardcore singletracker, I'm a tired old roadie looking a better city & trails ride.

Did I mention I love these tires.

Purchased At:   bike shop

Similar Products Used:   This is everything I wish my roadbike tires could do.

Bike Setup:   old Trek mountain bike (18 speed) and an old Raleigh cruiser.