Home | Reviews | Tire | Kenda

Kenda Kinetics Tire

3.71/5 (143 Reviews)
Weight : 600 grams MSRP : $29.99

Full knobby 2.35" wide Kevlar beadedTire with front- and rear-specific patterns. HighTractionTread designThatsTheTire of choice forThe Norco FactoryTeams Size: 26x2.35 Type: Front and Rear Weight: 700 grams Pressure Rating: 40-65 psi Casing: 60TPI, Kevlar Beaded Color: Black

Submitted by woofer2609 a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2014

Strengths:    Cheap. Cheap. Long wearing, great grip, tough sidewalls.

Weaknesses:    Heavy

Bottom Line:
I am riding the 26 x2.35's I am pretty sure they are wire bead. I just bought one for $9.99, but would have paid twice that. (which equates to about 1/2 of a normal tire). I like these tires on both my hard tail and my FS RMB ETS-X. I run them at between 18-21 psi rear only. I don't particularily like them front, but for rears? DAAAAAAAAMMMMN! These are one of the few tires where I will be riding and think that they are too soft, and check to see I am running 16psi without a flat. They are a great all round tire if you are not concerned about weight, which I am not. You can't have the best of both worlds in a tire. They are the bike equivalent of a light truck tire; they are tough, and that is their most important factor. Personally I feel that I would rather have the grip afforded by running a low PSI than a lighter tire. The sidewalls are TOUGH! on the wire bead version anyway, so i can ride them for true all mountain riding. I am lightish (155 lbs.) and try to ride with some finesse. I have a lot of miles on these tires. They wear really well. What can I say. Either you'll love 'em or hate 'em. I love em!

Duration Product Used:   2 years

Submitted by Rocky_Urban a Cross Country Rider from Toronto Canada

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2011

Strengths:    Good mud grip, durable, decent tarmac traction, not too heavy.

Weaknesses:    A bit buzzy when riding on tarmac.

Bottom Line:
This is a great tire for hitting the trails. Mud traction is excellent, the grip is there when needed. If it gets too muddy, the tires will give you good feedback on how much grip it can deliver. These tires are also good in snow, actually they're great in snow. I can confidently ride my bike fast on snowy surfaces. Tarmac riding is different, obviously not built for tarmac but it rides decent enough, infact 60% of my riding is on tarmac and its not too bad. Hard cornering on pavement can be achieved but do it cautiously as the side knobs do limit cornering traction. Hard cornering on trails is great because the side knobs bite into the dirt nicely. Usually knobby tires will wear out more quickly but I've put a little over 2500km on them and they still have about 50% tread left. Over all its a good tire, the perfect tire for cross country trail riding.

Favorite Trail:   Glen Eden

Purchased At:   Canadian Tire

Similar Products Used:   none like this tire

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by Hammer1337 a Weekend Warrior from British Columbia

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2010

Strengths:    Good grip, good all rounder.

Weaknesses:    The rubber is a little on the soft side they puncture a little too easy

Bottom Line:
These would be 5 stars if the rubber were a little bit stronger. they puncture a little too easy. Other than that these are great all rounders!

Purchased At:   Came with bike

Submitted by AJH0014 a Weekend Warrior from NSW, Australia

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2010

Strengths:    These Tyres have a good amount of grip and are wide for more DH control.

Weaknesses:    The rubber in these tyres is so soft that these tyres were punctured on a thorn which went straight through the wall. they are the least reliable tyres i have ever used!

Bottom Line:
I would not recommend these tyres to anybody. these are so unreliable and their only strength is their cosmetics they look good and nothing else

Favorite Trail:   Secret

Purchased At:   On Bike

Similar Products Used:   Maxxis holy rollers

Bike Setup:   Fluid Mayhen Free Style STOCK
Kenda aigua comp.

Submitted by rubberneck a Weekend Warrior from wigan

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2010

Strengths:    great allrounder

Weaknesses:    have had a double (front and back) snake bite after hitting a slate ledge but to be fair i think it would have happened what ever tyre i had used

Bottom Line:
i bought one of these as a quick fix until i could afford a 'decent' tyre at a higher price and i was very very suprised at just how good it was,,, i now have the front and back specific on my F/S bike. i have used these tyres in all conditions and have found them to be the best all rounder i have used to date. the tyre rolls faster and grips better than a certain 'high rolling' fashionable tyre i have used before. it grips well in loam, clay, hardpack and is decent in deep mud/bog and is the fastest rolling knoby i have tried, i dont need and dont like all these stick-e dual compound tyres i find them slow and cant justify the price after using the kinetics. i keep thinking i will try a different tyre to suit my local natural trails (haigh hall/standish, rivington, belmont, todmorden) but to be honest i just dont think i will find a more suitable tyre. for the price they are a bargain and i will be getting another pair for the winter hard tail

Favorite Trail:   eeerrrmmmm

Similar Products Used:   conti verts, mountain king, highrollers, nokian nbx,

Bike Setup:   tricked out orange5

Submitted by blades-noob a Downhiller from Germany

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2010

Strengths:    very cheap, good in hardpacked surfaces and not to bad in the mud, very cheap, good cornering, got them for 10$ front and rear

Weaknesses:    tread life isn't that long, not all that great on the road

Bottom Line:
Great tires for the price that i got them and are good AM light freeride/downhill tires as long you try to stay off the road and dont ride steps. If you get them for a good price defiantly buy them.

Favorite Trail:   Die Rinne

Purchased At:   Bikemax weiterstadt

Similar Products Used:   schwalbe fat alberts

Bike Setup:   bermagamont blades

Submitted by ineedanewbike a Weekend Warrior from St.Louis,MO,USA

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2010

Strengths:    Very grippy,lots of volume,havnt pinch flatted yet, hold air well once you put it in. relatively light.

Weaknesses:    definetly squirms at speed when riding on pavement, thats about it.

Bottom Line:
i do mostly Dj/4x and urban/freeride with a little bit of everything else... and i have found these to be relatively light and full of grip. i find that they clear mud very well once you get up to speed. as i said they also hold air well, i lost my presta adapter about 2 weeks ago, and they havnt lost any air yet. good for rough trails/ aggresive 4x, not os much for pavement due to drag/squirm. buy em cheap, run at a lwer pressure, and youll have a great tire.

Favorite Trail:   my own stuff

Similar Products Used:   lots o stuff

Bike Setup:   2008 KHS DJ-200, Truvativ Hussefelt, DJ3, Deore, Blackspire etc

Submitted by Drakken_11 a Weekend Warrior from Bristol

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2009

Strengths:    Came with bike.

Weaknesses:    Tread wears easily

Bottom Line:
These came stock on my bike. They were fine for a begining rider. I thought they were a little narrow for my needs (26x1.95). I rode them on hard pack and loose rocky surfaces. The tread could use a little work. It didn't seem very agressive. I only took them off because I won a set of Scott Cougars (26x2.25) in a race. I plan on putting them on a Buddy Bike.
If you can get these for a good price, Go For It! But don't expect to use them for serious riding. There are much better, (and worse) tires out there.

Favorite Trail:   Warriors Path

Purchased At:   Stock

Similar Products Used:   Scott Cougar 26x2.25

Bike Setup:   Mongoose XR-500

Submitted by adam728 a Weekend Warrior from Texarkana, Arkansas

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2009

Strengths:    Surprised me with good grip in rocks and desert hardpack.
Great ride when aired down.
Excellant for a super cheap tire.

Weaknesses:    A little wallowy in corners when aired down.

Bottom Line:
Running the 2.35 Stick-E front and rears.

I bought these for my old Trek because I needed new tires and they were on blowout CHEAP. When I got them I thought I needed high pressures to avoid pinch flats and hated these tires. At 45+ PSI they had zero grip. I threw them in a box and ran some Bontarager tires for a while longer.

When I got my new bike I gave these another go. First I rode the WTB Motoraptors. They just didn't seem to have the volume I was wanting. Good traction, but the ride was not forgiving a any pressure I tried (and with a hardtail you need all you can get from the tires). Swapped the Kenda's on and started playing with pressure more than I did when I dismissed them last. Found excellant ride and good traction between 28-34 psi for me (around 175 lb).

I rode these around Tucson, Arizona on trails like Fantasy Island, Sweetwater, Starr Pass, etc. Little expeience with them here in Arkansas so far.

For the price I got these for I don't think they can be beat.

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Bike Setup:   K2 Zed 4.0, 1x9 setup

Submitted by zul a Downhiller from Sedona, AZ

Date Reviewed: October 21, 2009

Strengths:    Cornering, off-camber, climbs well in loose dirt and gravel. All around great tire for the $money$.

Weaknesses:    Wears quickly.

Bottom Line:
This is a review of the 26 x 2.6 which weighs just over 1000 grams. The Kenda Kinetics has been a great tire for all-mountain/freeride (desert terrain). I've run 5 sets over 2 years and have no complaints other than it wears quickly, but for $15, there is no complaining.

Sets up well for tubeless. No problems with hard landings at 25 lbs. For the price, it's the best tire on the market.

Similar Products Used:   Rampage, nevegal, minion.

Bike Setup:   Titus Supermoto

Submitted by storm11 a Cross Country Rider from Durango, CO, USA

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2009

Strengths:    Good loose traction

Weaknesses:    Everything else....

Bottom Line:
Worst tire I've ever ridden. Had the 2.35 Stick-E Kevlar bead on the rear. Had more pinch flats with this tire than all my other tires combined.
Whenever I was on anything off-camber, the entire tire seemed to roll to the side (even at 45 psi) ...not a good feeling. Once the tread started to wear slightly it would wash out through hard corners as well.
After a summer of average use (20-30 miles a week), the tread was fairly worn and the sidewall blew out. Avoid this tire

Favorite Trail:   Raiders Ridge, Phil's World, Skull Rock

Similar Products Used:   Kenda Nevegal, Maxxis Minion

Bike Setup:   05 RM Slayer

Submitted by Amd1507 a Cross Country Rider from Abitibi,Quebec,Canada

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2009

Strengths:    Sticky ,Comfy,Really good grip !

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
I purchase 2 of them (26X2,3) at Canadian tire ,price each was 17.99$,I said to myself for this price i have anything to lose,But i was very surprise !! of the good traction ,in the wet like in the mud ,On road these tire Stick too ! For what i do mostly Xc ridind i prefer these tire by far at my Wtb Weirwolf Dna purchase for twice de price .Best Bang for the buck !! so far .I want these in 2,6 but i found no store who sell it in this size .Remember these tire was each 18$ Canadian ,At Canadian Tire .Last year purchase a Wtb Weirwolf 26X2.6 for 55$ u.s These tire do better for half the price ! CHeers !

Favorite Trail:   Muck mine

Purchased At:   Canadian tire

Similar Products Used:   Wtb Weirwolf Dna

Bike Setup:   Cameleon 2004,Xt and X7 setup .Avid BB7

Submitted by norcorider95 a Weekend Warrior from London, ukited kingdom

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2009

Strengths:    have had no punctures yet because of the tyre. wide and square cut. light, grip lasts. won't need upgrading if bought stock. cheap

Weaknesses:    little shaky round corners when going fast down trails tbh.

Bottom Line:
good tyre for something like shore or anything tbh but if its a fast tight cornered trail it will only work if there a berms. well i like it, it came stock and im not planning o upgrading any time soon tbh. i like the way it handles and ive been dwelling on the corners a lot but i meen like going flat out on a harepin, leaning stupidly low.if its through tecchy sections or berms or wide coners it will work well if your just pinning it down or through a tech hill or even a flat hill and working your way round stuff this is a perfect tyre, and most of you are probably thinking why am i going on a bout a tyre so much but im bored, and it is a good tyre as well. i recomend it.

Favorite Trail:   the lookout