Home | Reviews | Tire | Kenda

Kenda El Moco Tire

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Kenda's El Moco tires were ridden to a World Cup victory by their designer: Brian Lopes. Yep #55 himself. The El Moco boasts a large casing for sweet...

Submitted by Technocrat

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2013

Strengths:    Tread is self cleaning probably due to the spaced round knobs.

Weaknesses:    It is kinda high priced.

Bottom Line:
Fairly light racing tire designed by a racer named Brian Lopez himself. It was a good tire that never let me down through varied terrain of pine needles mud and roots. Did not slip even a hair on climbs. Better bite than anything I have tried but it is light in weight for better rotation.

Purchased At:   Online

Similar Products Used:   Kenda, Continental Mountain King,

Bike Setup:   Caloi full suspension

Submitted by gonzo1034 a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2012

Strengths:    Cornering & Breaking

Weaknesses:    Heavy & High Rolling Resistance

Bottom Line:
.Found great deal on these bad boys so I thought I try them out. I ride mostly XC on hard pack in SoCAL. I normally ride tires with low rolling resistance like the SB 8 and more recently the HAPPY MEDIUM. I set this tires up tubeless with Stans and I was able to air them up with my foot pump , tires sealed overnight. First thing I notice was the high level of resistance on the trail, my bike felt sluggish and I needed to pedal harder to maintain my normal speed.

Where these tires really shine was in the corners and in the downhill breaking, All of a sudden my bike wasn't drifting like I'm used to with the other tires. Also when climbing over loose these tires really bit and get you to the top without spinning. Going to save these tires for when the weather turns wetter and our local mountains get some light snow. Should be great tire for those conditions!

Favorite Trail:   Noble Canyon