Home | Reviews | Tire | Kenda

Kenda Carter Excavator Tire

Kenda Carter Excavator: Eric Carter Signature Tire, each knob has been carefully crafted by Eric to achieve a specific purpose. Cornering bite, straight line speed and predictability. A great tire for XC, DH, 4X, Freeride and anything else you care to try.

Submitted by jetrek

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2012

Strengths:    Very fast rolling tire and lots and lots of grip!

Weaknesses:    Tend to get more pinch flats

Bottom Line:
Great tire for the money, I compare the grip to the Panaracer Fire XC pros... but the Kenda's roll alot faster. I had to play around with the tire pressure to find the sweet spot, but when I did oh boy my bike turned into a completely different bike. I am running the 2.3 in the front and I have found it likes between 26 to 29 pounds, because of liking the low tire pressure I tend to get more pinch flats then I did before. Don't get me wrong it is not like it is very easy to pinch flat the tire, it's just not as forgiving as some other tires if you come off of a jump wrong. Also I think the tires might be better for dual suspension bikes because on my hard tail they transmit alot of feedback to me on whats going on, so on rough sections of the trail can be a little tiring. But all in all I love the tires and will be buying another set when they wear out.