Home | Reviews | Tire | IRC

IRC Serac XC Lite Tire

Weight : 450 grams

Serac XC Lite is a predicable, fast rolling tire that offers consistent traction in roots, rock and off-camber terrain.

Submitted by loonyone from Waterloo, IA

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2007

Strengths:    Light weight
VERY fast tire!
Not too bad in muck
Real good as rear tire

Weaknesses:    When used as front tire, washes out easily
Soft durometer, AND intricate tread design wear easily
Pretty narrow for my taste at 1.9ish

Bottom Line:
Skinny-ass tires came on bike I bought last Fall. Rear traction is really quite good. When used as a front tire, and know that I am a predominant, front-braker, it washes out very easily on anything softer than concrete/asphalt at speeds just over light coasting. I am impressed with the rear traction this tire provides (to be expected being so skinny), but it's NEGATIVE, frontal attributes prevent me from giving a full pull rating. The over-thought tread pattern is likely mostly to blame...just make a regular knob...we're not rocketing to the Moon.

Similar Products Used:   IRC Mythos
Nokian NBT (recent review)
Specialized Ground Control from glory days

Bike Setup:   Wojcik custom...

Submitted by Bert a Cross Country Rider from Houston, TX

Date Reviewed: November 26, 2006

Strengths:    Great tread design that grips well for a small tire.

Weaknesses:    No way this tire weighs what it claims. Also, no way it's a 1.95 size either.

Bottom Line:
I like these tires, they're small, but they grip well. I noticed a big weight gain when I took off the Mimos and slapped these on although my bike still is about 26 lbs, I was hoping to get it under without spending to much money. Regardless the tires work well out here on the rooty and sandy trails. Overall I'm pleased. Decent value for performance, but bummed about how much the 1.95 weighs about the same as other manufactures' 2.1 tires.

Purchased At:   cyclone cycles