Home | Reviews | Tire | Intense

Intense 2.50 World Cup Tire

4.71/5 (7 Reviews)
Weight : 1530 grams MSRP : $65.00

Same 3 groove design as the 2.40 WC with more air volume for greater floatation and flat prevention.
  • Grooves provide great tracking performance
  • Ramped center knob provides better rolling resistance
  • Larger volume allows 16-26 PSI
  • 4-Ply FRO sidewall or medium casings
  • SR 50, 60 and 70 durometer choices

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by ridefreeride a Downhiller from riverside CA

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2009

Strengths:    Grippy!!! grips in all terain and all situations

Weaknesses:    sidewalls are starting to wear down

Bottom Line:
    awsome tires go buy them

Favorite Trail:   sycamore cyn, N*, Mammoth

Purchased At:   jensonUSA

Similar Products Used:   kenda Nevagal 2.5 sticke

Bike Setup:   haro x7 w/mrp sdg odi holzfeller fox etc

Submitted by Steve from LA, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2006

Strengths:    Great pinch flat resistance.
    Good traction on loose, rocky climbs.

Weaknesses:    Weight.
    Transition between center lugs and side lugs is sketchy.

Bottom Line:
    I've been running this tire on the front and rear for the last 6 months. They're replacing my old combo of Nokian Gazza (front) and Hutchinson Octopus (rear). That old combo netted very good traction, but the Octopus was lacking in pinch-flat resistance and the Gazza's were getting a little old. An LBS employee suggested these to run front and back.

I really like the tire as a rear tire. It offers good grip while climbing and braking (although not much better than my old Octopuses). But what makes these tires great as a rear tire is their pinch-flat resistance. On the rears, I'm running these between 9-12 psi - no flats so far. They are slow rolling tires and they are on the heavy side though.

I don't think the tire is as successful as a front tire. The gap between the paired center and the side lugs makes for an "interesting" transition between the two. When the tires are leaned into a corner, the tires wash out and lose traction for a fraction before the side lugs start to grip. I usually run these around 9 psi. When I told this to an LBS employee, he balked, claiming that I should run them at 20-30 psi. I tried them at 20 psi today and ended up going OTB when my front tire washed out after a jump. The tire remained sketchy until a took a good deal of air out of the tire.

Basically, I think the tire is great as a rear tire, but isn't optimal for me as a front tire. I'd much rather have a row of transition knobs between the center and side lugs to grip as the bike is leaned into corners. I think my old Gazza's offer better, more predictable grip in corners on the front. Also, I think the performance of these tires is closely related to the air pressure within them. For me, I like running them at low pressures, but then I'm not doing big drops, so YMMV.

Similar Products Used:   Maxxis Minion and Highrollers.
    Hutchinson Octopus.
    Nokian Gazzalodi 2.3 Soft.

Bike Setup:   Turner RFX

Submitted by Steve a Racer from PA

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2006

Strengths:    excellent traction, can run low tire pressure, fast rolling

Weaknesses:    a little on the heavy side

Bottom Line:
    other than being hard to find around where i live, its proved to be the best handling tire that ive ever used. Although the SR has a low durometer, u can usually ride them for a few months of hard riding...ive had a few thats lasted me over a year. i havent gotten too many flats with the tires even w/ low pressure. i would recommend this tired for anyone.

Similar Products Used:   intense 909,dh, ex, maxxis mobster, minion, arrow prime bite

Bike Setup:   V-10 w/ Fox 40 RCS, Avalanche dhs rear shock, mavic 321 rims

Submitted by G MAN a Downhiller from Portland

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2004

Strengths:    Unbelievable grip and tracking ability.

Weaknesses:    Like others have said - wears too fast and pricey, makes you cry when the knobs wear down.

Bottom Line:
    Great rear tire but when they say FOR RACE ONLY that's because they wear so fast that you'll WISH you were sponsored!!!

Favorite Trail:   Anything Steep

Purchased At:   Bikeman

Similar Products Used:   Tioga DH, Maxxis Mobs, WTB Motoraptors

Bike Setup:   M1 w/ 5th Element and Stratos fork. shi**y Hayes brakes but DO get the GALFER rotors for a REAL upgrade! Azonic everything else w/ MRP guide

Submitted by Scott a Downhiller from S. Lake Tahoe

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2004

Strengths:    Holy crap! They grip like you would'nt believe

Weaknesses:    Porky rolling weight if you have to pedal on flats

Bottom Line:
    These are the best tires that I've had on my bike yet. Besides my "Super-T", these tires have done more to improve my speed through the the gnarly stuff than just aboout any other upgrade. My Stinky is also my trail bike, so I suffer on the flats and uphills, but who cares. I simply cant imagine a tire performing much better on the downhills.

Similar Products Used:   Intense DH 2.7, IRC Kujo DH (a great tire as well), Tioga DH (probably the worst product thats ever been on my bike. If you want to crash on every turn, get some tiogas)

Bike Setup:   Stinky w/ Zoke Super T and a host of other expensive doo-dads.

Submitted by Taylor a Downhiller from Placervlle,CA

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2003

Strengths:    4 ply sidewalls,sticky rubber,no reccomended PSI

Bottom Line:
    One of the best tires out there.I have it on the rear and it's soooo sweet.Got it 9 PSI for super grip,along with the sticky rubber it won't let go of the trail.Hope to pick up a full set of these soon!

Purchased At:   friend