Hutchinson Python MRC High Tire

• Low & linked knobs
  • MRC HIGH technology

Submitted by zerotonine a Racer from Moscow, Russia

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2009

Strengths:    Light weight, super fast on dry pack (only for dry trails)

Weaknesses:    some troubles with install

Bottom Line:
best tire I've ever ride. Fastest tire with perfect cornering. For dry terrain is the best. On wet drypack not so good but give confidence too. Not so good on asphalt, but it's not a slick tyre.Very flat resistable. BEST LEGENDARY RACE TYRE.

Favorite Trail:   allaround

Purchased At:   omnishop

Similar Products Used:   Hutchinson Gold Elite Python, Schwalbe RocketRon&Racing Ralph

Bike Setup:   RockyMountain Slayer'05 custom full XTR

Submitted by Rico a Cross Country Rider from Ky

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2006

Strengths:    Light wieght, super fast on the trails, handles great, dry pack trails only.

Bottom Line:
I was amazed at my first ride out with these tires. They roll so fast and corner like your on rails. You'll definitly be faster so be careful on the first time out. I'm using these tires with tubes and running 40 psi in them and can't say enough good things about them.

Purchased At:   They were given to me new

Bike Setup:   Trek 4300 with lots of goodies

Submitted by Travis West a Cross Country Rider from Music City, USA

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2006

Strengths:    4 ply casing - True, UST tubeless standard - easy to deal with on the trail.

Weaknesses:    It won't install it's self..?

Bottom Line:
Expensive... but, if you race - this is the tire. EXCEPTIONAL cornering!!! I'm 160lbs, I run these at the recommended 29 psi. even commuting 12 miles from home - THESE ARE the fastest, meanest cornering tires you can put on your bike. I put them on another customer's bike who just got into the sport and he told me that he has to think 20' further ahead 'cause they are so fast!

Favorite Trail:   Hawridge

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager Jones XR

Bike Setup:   Fuel EX9 - X.O - X.O - XT Everything top shelf - Face it, I work in a shop, what else would I ride..?

Submitted by David Kimsey a Cross Country Rider from Indianpolis

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2006

Strengths:    Best corning tire ever. I mean ever!

Weaknesses:    None that I can fine. Not the best for ruff out West riding

Bottom Line:
I have used Hutchinsons Pythons for about 3 years. I just got the new generation. They seem to hold the corner the same as the old one. There is supposted to be different rubber compounds on the inner and outter tread. I will write back in 2 months with a update on tread wear and general likability. Dave

Favorite Trail:   Nebo Ridge, Hoosier National