Hutchinson Cameleon Tire

• 26 x 1.95 TS Bead 600g
  • 26 x 1.95 TR Bead 670g

Introduced a little earlier before the famous Python, this tire has a great polyvalency.

Small volume to insure great output, especially on dry and fast rolling terrains.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by B-52 Bomber a Cross Country Rider from Lyndhurst SA Australia

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2010

Strengths:    Durability - purchased the bike in 2000 and the original tyres are still on it! The stitching is starting to become more prominent on the sidewalls now so I am in search of a replacement product. Too bad they don't make this any more.

Strength - the bike has withstood lots of XC punishment over the years and I suffered my first puncture last week. It was a duplicate puncture in the same region - a bit sus about it.

The width of the tyre allows for great control and balance when traversing loose terrain.

Weaknesses:    None. A product that lasts for 10 years represents great value.

Bottom Line:
    I love these tyres so much that I am going to keep them for a bit longer until I can make up my mind about upgrading. New Hutchinson tyres are expensive, but if they stay on the bike for half as long as these did, then I will be doing well.

Favorite Trail:   Oodnadatta Track

Purchased At:   Clarence Street Cycl

Bike Setup:   2000 GF Tassajara [Hard Tail]. Rock Shox Judy XC, Shimano Crank, Deore derailers, ProMax brakes, 5 degree Crow Bar - all original equipment.