Hutchinson Bulldog MRC High Tire

• MRC HIGH technology
  • Optimized knobs design

Submitted by oscarperez a Cross Country Rider from Idaho

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2010

Strengths:    long wearing,fairly good all around off road performance, no flats...so far

Bottom Line:
not sure what tire you other guys are reviewing? but I find the MRC high to be the most long wearing tire I have owned,the MRC high is a relatively hard rubber compound?I have the 2.1 version and run 30 psi back, 29 front with slime pro sealant, not one flat so far, very impressive tough setup.this is a perfect tire for a bike that I ride 50 miles a week to work and use off road as a second bike.it is a heavy tire however most light weight tires are not very durable.

Purchased At:   greenfish

Similar Products Used:   many

Bike Setup:   hardtail trail and commuter bike

Submitted by Ben a Weekend Warrior from Warwick , RI

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2007

Strengths:    Grip, grip and more grip/spread out nobs/seemed to clean well in the mud/light/rolls fast

Weaknesses:    Not the best wet tire/two rides two flats. They are the smallest 2.3's that I have seen. Slightly bigger then my 2.0 specialized's/.

Bottom Line:
I like tires that have a spread out distribution of nobs. The stock tires had the giant center nob which I just don't like in the rocky/rooty area I ride in. These are pretty cheap and they remind me of the roll-x's that I like except that these roll so much better. Smooth roll, light. Three rides on them so I will report back with more later. They are small for 2.3's so if you reg ride a 2.0 look into getting the 2.3. Thanks to Jimmy for recc. these at Stedman's (the best bike shop in ri).I will give them 4 chillis for now.

Favorite Trail:   Yellow Dot Burlingame

Purchased At:   W.E. Stedman The Best Bike Shop in RI

Similar Products Used:   Tioga Factory XC/Specialized Roll-X/Resolution(?)....

Bike Setup:   2007 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert stock w/sram 990 cassette

Submitted by simon lorry a Weekend Warrior from sydney,australia

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2006

Strengths:    This tyre is light and rolls ok.

Weaknesses:    The sidewalls on this tyre are unacceptably weak both in feel/flex whilst riding and in strength as in abrasion resistance. I managed to destroy the rear in about a dozen average 2-3hour rides around various locations in Sydney sandstone. The tread is still ok but the sidewall has completely torn out in various places for 1/3 of the circumfrence.
As a front tyre I didn't believe the hype about this tyre being unpredictable but I too finally got caught out, the front sliding out from beneath me on pavement.

Bottom Line:
Do not use these tyres on the rear anywhere near loose or fixed rocks. Do not ride fast on firm pack and try to corner agressively with this tyre up front.

Favorite Trail:   The Reactor

Purchased At:   came with bike

Similar Products Used:   Maxxis High Roller ust,WTB,Tioga DH, Hutchinson octapuss.

Bike Setup:   Reign 1

Submitted by Kevin a Cross Country Rider from Vancouver

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2006

Strengths:    Fast rolling, grips in dry, wet, rooty.

Weaknesses:    Wears quickly

Bottom Line:
Very good front tire for a variety of terrain/conditions. Grips well on wet rock or loose gravel. The tire is fast rolling and I've increased my speeds on turns due to the confidence I have in this tire. My only issue with the Bulldog is how quickly it's wearing.

Favorite Trail:   Abyss

Similar Products Used:   Maxxis High Roller, Specialized Adrenaline, Roller Pro.

Bike Setup:   05 FSRXC with Marz MX Pro

Submitted by Pedro Ros a Cross Country Rider from Oviedo - Spain

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2006

Strengths:    for the front wheel they perform perfect: good grip, vertical design:good absorption, not high nor low rolling-resistance,no punctures (but for hitting stones at high speed), great in cornering at any speed (high) and in both muddy or hardpack conditions... I will buy another exactly the same after wearing this.

Bottom Line:
I recommend them to anyone except to purist downhillers. For XC and rallie they perform great; as I said before: "I will buy another exactly the same after wearing this."

Purchased At:   decathlon

Similar Products Used:   panaracer dart, tioga psycho, hut. on the rocks, python, squale, scott, specialized team control,

Bike Setup:   scott scale 60