Home | Reviews | Tire | CST

CST Copperhead Tire

CSTs Copperhead offers a fast-rollingTread and great value price. 60TPI casing, lightweight puncture resistant layer underTheTread. 620 grams steel bead

Submitted by ridinagin

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2013

Strengths:    it is fairly light and thin i have just mounted them a bit big but easy to mount on my vintage gary fisher wahoo

Weaknesses:    i got burned for 30 dollars each plus tax at a gainesville, fl bike shop, you would think they would price fairly if low online price is 11.99

Bottom Line:
i guess i will find out how long they last

Submitted by cassava a Weekend Warrior from Jakarta, Indonesia

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2011

Strengths:    roll easily on road, great traction on dry soil

Weaknesses:    slippery on wet soil, muddy terrain or mire

Bottom Line:
Even it looks more fat than the 210 but it rolls easily on road. It has a great rolling resistance very good on dry soil but not for muddy terrain.

Favorite Trail:   JPG

Purchased At:   Roda Jaya

Similar Products Used:   Maxxis Ignitor

Bike Setup:   Wimcycle C-One, Shimano Acera.

Submitted by raleighcog a Cross Country Rider from Warrensburg

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2011

Strengths:    good climber, solid in turns, does not wonder when the rear brake is locked up, didnt falter too much when I was climbing on some tree roots

Weaknesses:    Seems way bigger than I would expect a 2.0 to be, doesn't do a good job of slowing you down, but this is the smallest treaded tire I have ever run.

Bottom Line:
This is a pretty good tire for 20 bucks, not used to such small tread but rolls great on hardpacked and loose dirt, bought this tire due to some reviews about how well it perfoms in rocks but I havent had the chance to test them there yet. One thing that does bother me is the fact that I think it is a wider 2.0 than my front cheyenne which is a 2.1.

Favorite Trail:   will's Wonderer

Purchased At:   Freeride Bike and Sk

Similar Products Used:   Nevegals, maxxis xc tires, specialized enduro, bontrager big earl's, montrager mud x

Bike Setup:   Redline Monocog with manitou minute fork, cheyenne front copperhead rear

Submitted by SIKOSYC a Cross Country Rider from Israel

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2011

Strengths:    Weak

Weaknesses:    It was punctured after six day through the special protection layer: EPS.
Also, it is thin tire, and it is certainly not a "high roller"

Bottom Line:
I have heared good stuff about other CST tires: Caballero? & Cheyenne? . So if I'll buy one of them, it will not be through the internrt, for the first time.

Purchased At:   HARIM [Internet shop

Submitted by jrentie a Weekend Warrior from Broken Arrow, OK

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2010

Strengths:    Great tread for road and mountain use, Goes well through rock gardens and dirt, Slings mud from tread pretty easily.

Weaknesses:    Haven't found any yet.

Bottom Line:
I was going for a ride and didn't have time to wait for a set of tires to come in the mail. Jenson has them on they're web site for $11 a piece, but they didn't have them in stock. I found them locally for $19.99 and really couldn't complain. I was looking for a tire I could ride off road and still have a good ride on the road. I didn't really plan to downhill the tires but ended up taking a couple downhill trails anyway and they stood up great. They went through the mud, keeping traction and slinging it off quickly to clear the treads, and they take jagged edges and sudden ups and downs of a rock garden. I was completely surprised at how well these tires held their ground and even climbing they never slipped once... literally not one time. I would only recommend these if you're on a budget or time pinch and you just need something RIGHT NOW. I haven't had them long enough to report long-term pros and cons but for something I expected to only get a few hours out of before blowing a sidewall. Today was an average ride, nothing crazy, no HUGE drops or sky high jumps, but it wasn't an easy ride either.
I'm very impressed.
5 value chillies cause they're cheap and held up longer than I though they would.
4 overall chillies cause I haven't had them long enough to give them an outstanding rating.

Favorite Trail:   Too many to name