Continental Travel Contact 26 Tire

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Duraskin provides improved sidewall durability Puncture protection strip molded intoTread Item Specifications Tire Bead Steel ISO Diameter 622 ISO Width 37 mm ColorTread/Side Black/Black TireType Clincher Tire Diameter 700c Tire Use Road Weight 640 g PSI 85 PSI

Submitted by Frenchfit

Date Reviewed: September 10, 2012

Strengths:    Roll fast, durable, look MTBish, cornering tread.

Weaknesses:    Expensive.

Bottom Line:
Better than I expected, like a MTB tire in the turn and soft stuff, like a Gatorskin on the flats. Still looks like a MTB tire from a distance, but great for the asphalt. About 4 months now, little wear. I guess whether are a good value or not depends on how long they last.

Submitted by mhmacw a Downhiller from Peoria Illinois,USA

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2010

Strengths:    Well made and very balanced. 40+mph...No problem!
80 psi means absolutely no sidewall roll.
Phenomenal traction on dry, dusty terrain.
Super fast and tends to train you on your front brake usage.

Weaknesses:    They can get a bit squirrelly on loose gravel larger than 1 inch. They go right to the bottom of dry sand. Makes you feel like you hit fly paper. Wet sand is like riding on pavement.

Bottom Line:
I was very skeptical in the beginning. I didn't think in any way a slick would be better than the Panaracers. I was dead wrong! The tour contact(travel contact) is bar none the best tire I've ever had. I've used a dozen different off road tires with differing degrees of aggressiveness and knobby spacing/patterns. Honestly, I can not yet understand why these are such a great tire with as much traction as they have. All I can really say is dont take my word for it. These are great to a point that I'll never be able to explain it. You have to try thenm to believe it.

Favorite Trail:   Rogue Umpqua Trail. (Crater Lake National Park)

Purchased At:   Illinois Cycle and F

Similar Products Used:   First Slick I've used. Not, however, the first mtb tire I've used. lol

Bike Setup:   Cannondale Profet XO group.

Submitted by kind a Cross Country Rider from SF Bay Area

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2009

Strengths:    smooth rolling, puncture resistance

Weaknesses:    heavy, expensive

Bottom Line:
690g per tire is pretty heavy but at 1.85 and pretty smooth they are great for around town.. Also they have knobs on the outside edge so traction control on like cornering and when sinking in gravel, dirt, beach, whatever the knobs grab and you get traction on a otherwise smooth tire. I use them for 90% road, 10% offroad application.

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   Kenda's

Bike Setup:   K2 Zed

Submitted by UTJetdog a Weekend Warrior from Sandy, Utah

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2009

Strengths:    Reasonably lightweight for a highly puncture resistant semi-slick.

Weaknesses:    Haven't seen any

Bottom Line:
I've put over 4000 commuter miles on these tires, and I have had very few flats and I see quite a bit of road debris. They still have a lot of life left in them too. I like the high pressure capacity - I run them at 80psi and they do fine (I weigh 210#). these tires are adequately quiet and very stable at high speeds.

Highly recommended!