Continental Der Kaiser Projekt Tire

Submitted by cgolden6 a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2014

Strengths:    Grips everything from dry rocks to wet roots. Tough yet compliant sidewalls with great feel. Tall profile gives extra cushion to absorb hits on rocks & from drops. True to size. Look really cool

Weaknesses:    None yet, unless you count getting it onto & off of the rim.

Bottom Line:
I'm currently running this tire as a rear with a Freeride Tube on my SX Trail 7" bike that I run as a DH rig. I'm 200 lbs with gear and have struggled for the past year with flats using a variety of different rear tires..some of which I've had to run 36psi in to not flat. With between 25-29 psi in different conditions I've run this tire pretty hard and I'm finally able to get that worried feeling out of my head when blasting a rocky section or rock garden where you're like "oh crap, be careful" & "don't let the rear hit that one!!" It's a real confidence booster! Also, I know they retail for a lot of $$ but I managed to pick up 2 of them for $112 shipped which isn't bad at all. I think I finally found a tire worth being loyal to. Can't wait to try it as a front!

Favorite Trail:   Stalker @ Mountain Creek

Purchased At:   online somewhere..ho

Similar Products Used:   many varieties

Bike Setup:   Freedride/Park/DH 2012 Specialized SX Trail w/ DHX RC4 shock w/ 500lb spring. FOX VAN FIT 180mm fork w/ green spring. Spank Spike EVO 28 Race Rims.