Continental Der Baron Tire

Last year, Der Baron was rocking DH courses asThe Rain King. However, we quickly realizedThat it was suited for much moreThen justThe wet conditionsThatThe name might have implied. Many foundThe rounded profileTo be particularly good as a frontTire, but purely personal preference. With a fairly-open, symmetrical pattern,TheTire does very well in a wide variety of conditions. Intended use: Mountain Color: BlackTire Diameter: 26”Tire Bead: Folding

Submitted by Rob-Bob a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2013

Strengths:    Superb grip in almost all conditions. stiff sidewalls resist pinch flats.

Weaknesses:    Not the fastest rolling tire

Bottom Line:
Using this as my front tire paired with a der kaiser on the rear. I am just totally blown away with how much traction you get with this tire on everything from dry hardback, rocks, mud and wet trails. If we have anothervrainy season like we did this past year I will be putting this on my rear wheel as well.

Favorite Trail:   Snowshoe resort, pro DH

Purchased At:   Lbs

Similar Products Used:   Maxis minions, Muddy Mary's, specialized butchers

Bike Setup:   2010 Jedi. 888 fork, Easton havoc wheels

Submitted by Poley

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2013

Strengths:    If you live in the UK or anywhere damp I imagine, these are outstanding tires. That can be reflected in the price for the black chili version. But grip on rocks, roots, slabs, anything slimy or shiny is unreal. So good that I bought two pairs, one of 2.5 for the DH bike and 2.35 for the enduro machine. They are by far the best tires I have owned for the wet. I love them. I love how they feel and their smell.....sexy.

Weaknesses:    They can be an obstinate bugger to get on an off a rim, but thats because the black chili miracle compound wants to hug everything.
They also wear faster than others if they are abused. Before you skid or slide, remember its a £50 tire!
A mate has the regular rubber versions, and he thinks they are okay, but not great. Get the black chili.

Bottom Line:
Great tire for any wet or damp conditions that boosts confidence in roots, off camber sections with its cheeky rubber compound that will hurt in the pocket, but help you have a sweet ride. They are the icing on the cake for me.

Conti Der Baron 2.5 & Der Keiser 2.5

I've been on DHF's for a while but thinking about trying something new. Anyone have experience on these? Can they be set up tubeless? Thoughts??Read More »

Der Kaiser vs Der Baron (Rain King)

Does anybody know these tyres and how they perform in different conditions? What are the differences between them? Currently running 2.4 RQ's which are great in the dry and now thinking of the above for wet conditions. Thanks.Read More »