Bontrager Dry X TLR Tire

• 26 x 1.9 (48/46) 490g
  • 26 x 2.1 (55/53) 625g

Designed for use in dry, hardpacked conditions.

Tubeless Ready on 48/46 size and Tubeless Ready AR casing on 55/53 size.

Optimized for use with Bontrager Super Juice Aramid bead for low weight.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by h2otaco a Cross Country Rider from Tulsa, OK

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2010

Strengths:    Volume, rolld well, great sealing bead for Tubeless.

Weaknesses:    Tread life.

Bottom Line:
    This would be a great tire but I have destroyed the cornering knobs in just over 2 weeks. They are all chewed to hell and It literally has been 19 days since I purchased it.

I really dug this tire at first... I love the volume, I love that it holds air really well, I love that it rolls fast... but for $50 I should have gotten several months out of this tire. I've had Kendas last me an entire season of racing/training.

I'd give it 1 and 1... but because we are relatively rocky around here... I'll give it 2 on the overall. Still 1 on value because it was way overpriced even for an ultra durable tire.

Favorite Trail:   Turkey mtn

Similar Products Used:   Everything, I'm a tire nerd.

Bike Setup:   Specialized Epic 29er.

Submitted by Rick Crack a Racer from Los Angeles

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2008

Strengths:    sticks like a son of a gun in socal hardpack. Hands down these are my favorite tires. My favorites used to be the bontrager xrs.. But these tires just work so much better for hardpack.. You can slide this tires on purpose while pedaling in a corner and the sliding is very minimal and predicatable

Weaknesses:    Just a tad bit heavy for xc race use. Tubeless version is very hard. 25psi felt like 40psi

Bottom Line:
    my new favorite tire. I only gave it a value rating of 3 because tires should not cost 50 bucks! None of em.

Favorite Trail:   all of em