Arrow Racing Prime Bite Tire

3.33/5 (3 Reviews)
Weight : 50 grams

The famous Bite tread beefed up in the cleats for the rigors of downhill abuse. Very aggressive side cleats bite deep and release fast. Ramped center knobs reduce speed scrub.

Submitted by m-unit

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2013

Strengths:    fast rolling

Bottom Line:
i only ran these in 24x2.75 or 2.7 cant remember. measured about 2.5 though. i had them on a sun double wide, arrow racing dhh, and sun dirtch witch. it was on the back of my old super 8 and 243 hardtail and the front of a bighit i had for a brief time. i have never lost traction, with these and they handle braking wonderful. these had some cracks on them, but they never blew out, i assume these were just old castings since i got such a great deal on them. these are great because you can run low presure and not have a noodle of a tire to deal with, very predictable

Submitted by Alex Mullen

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2013

Strengths:    Rides well on asphalt and smooth surfaces, Holds air volume in inner tube.

Weaknesses:    I have seen some weaknesses or strengths with the one on the rear of my Banshee Morphine, around the rim near tire bead have some small cracks after riding on them for 3 months.

Bottom Line:
I got some of these tires at a lower price each and they were stored. I didn't pay a hefty price for them but I was lucky to get them due to other availability. The front tire is holding up well without cracks and the rear tire has some cracks in sidewall near tire bead probably from either not selling fast or my weight or age of tires. I have the Electra CST 24x3.0 inner tubes in these tires and am somewhat happy with their performance. I intend to use these tires 24x2.75 as long as they are available. If the rear tire cracks more, I will use it til it "POPS" or wears out the tire tread. I got these recently because some other prices on tires like this are expensive. I will continue buying these as long as they are available at an economical price. When the rear blows out, then the same type of tire will go back on with another inner tube as mentioned. They do seem to produce a burn like smell of rubber when I ride on asphalt.

Submitted by Derek a Weekend Warrior from Vancouver, Canada

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2008

Strengths:    I used the 24" rear tire. The tire seemed to grip really well at the Whistler bike park, at high speed on both hard pack and muddy trails. It was OK on wet logs, but I think it's more of a summer tire.

Weaknesses:    The tire sidewalls started to crack and fall apart after about 6 rides. I've been riding the North Shore for years and have never had a tire come apart like that. I had to fight like hell to get the local distributor to warranty it. My local bike shop went to bat for me and got it replaced.

Bottom Line:
If not for the problem with the tire coming apart and the less than cooperative distributor, I would have given this tire a good recommendation. For the short time I used it, it did exactly what I needed it to: keep me on the trail while going mach 9. However, given the poor durability I experienced, I would hesitate to purchase anything else from Arrow. Realistically, it was probably a faulty batch of rubber, but when you pay a premium price you expect a premium product.

Purchased At:   Shop at Whistler Bike Park

Similar Products Used:   Several tires in the All Mountain/DH categories.

Bike Setup:   The tire was used on my old Specialized Big Hit.