Home | Reviews | Rim | WTB

WTB Dual Duty FR 29er Rim

Dual Duty rims are built WTB tough. The V-brake compatible sidewalls feature a new CNC-brake surface process and integrated wear indicators. The doublewall, triple-hollow design is refined in appearance and dependably rugged out on the trail. Whether built for XC, cyclocross, or for freeride usage, these rims lace up true and maintain their composure for the long haul.

Submitted by picassomoon a Cross Country Rider from Maryland

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2010

Strengths:    Strong. Can accept V brakes.

Weaknesses:    Heavy. Hard to get tires on and off due to wide rim size.

Bottom Line:
I bought this because my rear wheel would not stay true. I really didn't have a problem with my stock hub but the stock rims on my Rockhopper 29'er went out of true all the time, especially on technical terrain and especially the rear. I got this relaced up around my existing hub by a pro wheelbuilder and have had no problems since. Very strong rim. Good for other borderline clydes on 29'ers who find that they bust spokes and lose true all the time.

Only compliant is that these 28mm beefy rims are much harder to get tires on and off than my old thinner rims.

Favorite Trail:   Frederick Watershed, White Clay/Middle Run

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   Stock specialized rim/wheelset.

Bike Setup:   '08 Specialized Rockhopper 29'er.

WTB Dual Duty FR 29er RR HUB/Disc Problem

So I get a new WTB Dual Duty 29er Wheelset. The set I have on my Karate Monkey rocks! This one has a major problem, the rear disc will not sit flat on the hub iso mounting surface. Once I torque the bolts down there is a wooble in the disc. It's not the disc because I put it on another hub and i ... Read More »