Home | Reviews | Rim | Velocity

Velocity P-35 29er Rim

4.8/5 (5 Reviews)

The P35 is 22mm deep with an inside width of 29.5mm, which means it will accommodate a wide range of tyre widths and is tubeless compatible. It will be available in 26-inch, 27.5-inch (650B), and 29-inch diameters.

Velocity P-35 29er Rim Pro Review

At the 2009 Interbike, I was highly intrigued by the Australian rim maker Velocity P35 or Pacenti 35 rims. The ultra wide 35mm rim, is 22mm deep with an inside width of 29.5mm, and seemed ideal for fat tires and brutal All Mountain riding. The rim was co-designed by Kirk Pacenti, who is also well known for his development of the 650b wheel size for mountain bike use. Continue reading →

Submitted by Bike Whisperer

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2014

Strengths:    Strong, Stiff, Made in the US, Tension up evenly, Tubeless system works great

Weaknesses:    A tad heavy, but not terrible

Bottom Line:
I build up my own wheels, these laced up nice and even with good even tension. The rims look monstrous but weigh like a trail/am rim which isn't too bad. I taped them up with tubeless tape and valve stems and held air with a Geax TNT tire with a floor pump and held air without sealant. They are super stiff and allow me to run my 2.3" tires at ~18 psi for fantastic traction. The weight price is well worth the width and stiffness of the rim.

Favorite Trail:   Sandy Ridge

Duration Product Used:   1 month

Purchased At:   Bike Wagon

Similar Products Used:   WTB Trail TCS, Sun Ringle EQ27

Bike Setup:   Origin 8 Scout, 1 x 10 drivetrain

Submitted by Megacat a All Mountain Rider from Westminster, colo, USA

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2012

Strengths:    STRONG

Weaknesses:    Heavy..

Bottom Line:
This review is for the 650B version ..I bought these a great price on Ebay - I am a 6'4" 230lbs ex MXer - I might be old and a slower nowadays (20 + yrs of riding) but I regularly thrash both Mtn bike and Motorcycle parts (sometimes me!) - these rims are Great!. No issues with spoke or Rim issues and the handling with the tires opened up is a huge improvement! No rebound or snap on a hard Turn from tire and rim flex - Good Stuff.. traction traction...

Favorite Trail:   Sourdough

Purchased At:   E-bay

Similar Products Used:   Many - mostly Mavic's

Bike Setup:   Cannodale Prophet 650B conversion

Submitted by Cujo a Cross Country Rider from Lakeland, fl

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2011

Strengths:    Stiff. Light for how wide they are.

Bottom Line:
Velocity gave me this rim plus spokes to replace a Blunt with a crack at a spoke hole. The rim is stiff and really opens up the tire allowing for a wider footprint and more traction. The wheel tech that built my wheel said he never felt a rim so stiff as this one. I'd also like to say that Velocity's customer service is 2nd to none. They are friendly and helpful and replaced my rim without any fuss. I was amazed at how they stood behind their product. They even threw in spokes and offered to build the wheel for free if I shipped it to them...wow.

Favorite Trail:   Carter Rd.

Similar Products Used:   Velocity Blunt

Bike Setup:   Specialized Stumpjumper 29er HT SS

Submitted by dnorkoli a Cross Country Rider from Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2010

Strengths:    I was kind of skeptical about getting these rims because of the width and extra weight. I couldn't be more impressed with the rims!! They are a little heavy, but the are extremely stout! I used to have a set of WTB Speeddisc rims, and had to get them tried 4 times a year. Since I have boughten theses last December, I have only had them trued once, and was very minimal adjustment. I am also impressed with the handling in the corners, especially at high speed. I had to have the rim rebuilt with a new hub, and the rim was very easy to work with when tensioning the spokes. The tires I am using (CST Caballero) also have a tremendous tread pattern because of the rim. The rim has held up great and would highly recommend!

Weaknesses:    Weight is the only one, but that isn't enough of a concern to not use them!!

Bottom Line:
Great rim that holds up great to tough riding! Very valuable as well!!!!!

Perfectly suitable for racers to weekend warriors!

Favorite Trail:   Palmer Park, Templeton Trail

Purchased At:   Ted's Bicycles

Similar Products Used:   None.

Bike Setup:   Victoria Cycles 29er rigid single speed. White brothers carbon fork with CST Caballero tires, XT front hub, Atom Lab rear hub, and Avid Juicy brakes.

Submitted by BOAB a Weekend Warrior from MS

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2010

Strengths:    Strong and stiff, allow full spread of the tire tread

Weaknesses:    a little heavy

Bottom Line:
I am running Weirwolf LT 2.55 on my front and wanted to get more out of the tire, so I rebuilt my wheels with th P35's. Complete change the face width of the tire. Now all the tread sits on the ground. I'm running a Stout 2.3 on the read and since changing rims I haven't had any stip on pine needles on climbs. These rims are also pretty tough, I took a spill, breaking my arm but the wheels never came out of true. If you decide to use them make sure that you have plenty of room for tire clearance, because they are going to spread out.

Favorite Trail:   EP