Home | Reviews | Rim | Velocity

Velocity Blunt 35 Rim

Submitted by hardmtnbiker a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2015

Strengths:    wide 30mm inner width. Low profile,strong, looks, 1/4 the cost of carbon rims the same width. seals air tight, with Stan's and TLR tires.

Weaknesses:    sleeved not welded,about 100gms heavier than carbon

Bottom Line:
I bought these for my fully rigid Niner Sir9 to replace some skinny DT Swiss rim. All my wheels are hand built with Hadley Hubs. The best hub IMO! Anyway I've used Kenda Honey Badgers and Schwalbe's N-Nic's and R-Ralphs 2.25 and 2.35 in front. These wide rims will entice you to go wider on all your bikes. The stability you gain and ALL the extra traction is well worth the minor weight penalty. If you've got the bucks, get some Ibis or Derby rims and save the weight. But if you just want to take advantage of the wider is better feel then get these. Don't bother getting smaller with carbon rims,your wasting your money. I like the wide feel so much I'm looking to buy a custom frame so I can buy 40mm wide Duelly's or carbon Ibis or Derby's if I can swing it.

Favorite Trail:   El Prieto

Purchased At:   Pasadena Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   Mavic 729 wide but you need to use a DH tire or you'll pinch. All other Mavic's are to skinny. DT Swiss 470

Bike Setup:   Niner Sir9 with carbon Niner fork. single speed RaceFace Next cranks. Niner bars and stem, Thompson set back SP,WTB Rocket V saddle.Ergon grips