Sun-Ringle Double Track Rim

• Hole Counts: 32, 36
  • Sizes: 507mm, 559mm

Submitted by mcrosby44 a Weekend Warrior from Canada

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2009

Strengths:    These are great, have had them for 2 years, never caused me any problems would recommend it any day

Weaknesses:    i found that the stickers peel off fairly easy, should paint the logo on there

Bottom Line:
buy double tracks!

Favorite Trail:   Union

Purchased At:   mcqueens bike shop

Similar Products Used:   Single Track

Submitted by crudslinger a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2008

Strengths:    These are bombproof and they look sweet.

Weaknesses:    They're a little heavy, but if you're putting them on a bike where that matters you must have your reasons.

Bottom Line:
I use these for both XC and FR. You can definitely feel the weight on climbs, but I haven't had any problem throwing them around other than that (but I'm kinda built like a gorilla, so that might be problem if you're scrawny). I got tired of breaking other rims, so I went with something beefier, and I've been extremely happy despite the extra workout. Now, on stuff I'd break other rims on, the rest of my bike complains a little, but I keep rolling on. I'd pay way more for these.

Favorite Trail:   any wide open single track

Similar Products Used:   Taco'd all different wheels and locked up various freehubs.

Bike Setup:   Marin

Submitted by tim c a Downhiller from cleveland, oh

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2008

Strengths:    The strongest rims I've ever used. Used it for urban in D.C. for two years, and now for urban and Ray's indoor park for two and they have needed little truing considering the abuse they get. I'm 6'2" 240Ibs and have broken countless cranks, frames, wheels and virtually every other part on BMX and mountain bikes and these are one of the longest lasting products I've ever tried. On one of the first urban rides the spokes were completely de-tensioned at the end of the ride and I never new it-the rim was still completely true!

Weaknesses:    Very heavy, 360's spin slow and they are not as easy to throw around, so if you are a smaller, light weight rider you may be unhappy with these.

Bottom Line:
Great for the larger urban/park/dirt jump rider if they can handle the weight, I would assume they would be equally great on a downhill course. Not for weight weenies or cross country bikes. I've been tempted to replace them with lighter weight rims but I've been burned every time I go that route, plus the rims are still rock solid.

Favorite Trail:   ray's mtb park

Purchased At:   spokes ect.

Similar Products Used:   Rhynolite XLs, Mavic 729s/Crossrocks, Hazard Lites, Primo Hula Hoops, BFR's, and many other long forgotten rims.

Bike Setup:   P.3 converted to single speed with various upgrades

Submitted by Melanie Pratt a Weekend Warrior from Deep River, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2008

Strengths:    great rim for the back, I havnt seen one of buddy riders fold it. its not too heavy, strong and looks nice when riding

Weaknesses:    too heavy for front wheel use.

Bottom Line:
a great rim for the back of a downhill/freeride bike... but not good for the front... because of the weight... I personally suggest a single track in the front and a double track in the back... its what I run and I think it does me well. double track isnt a good rim for urban assualt riders, too heavy for that kind of stuff.

Favorite Trail:   none

Purchased At:   gearheads

Similar Products Used:   sun rim single track and alexDM24

Bike Setup:   brodie

Submitted by David Lowe a Downhiller from Nevada City CA

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2007

Strengths:    this rim is the best rear wheel ive used. very reliable. takes big hits hits rocks doesnt bend come out of true.

Weaknesses:    the only thing i dislike about the rim is the weight. its a lil on the heavey side but doesnt really matter on a downhill bike i guess unless ur a weight weenie

Bottom Line:
these wheels are awsome they can take anything you throw at them

Favorite Trail:   northstar,whistler,local,auburn.

Purchased At:   local bike shop

Similar Products Used:   321

Bike Setup:   swd crazy 8 ,888, e13,codes,kendas,dhx5,x9 drive train.

Submitted by Jason Pepper a Downhiller from Toronto

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2007

Strengths:    Good strong rim, Looks great on any bike.

Weaknesses:    With lots of drops and jumps, the rim get flat spots.

Bottom Line:
These are reat forks for a cheap price, definatly recomend this to a beginner to down hilling and free riding! not for a pro, There are better rims out there!

Favorite Trail:   Green Belt

Purchased At:   Bens Cycle

Similar Products Used:   single track, big mamyoth, MAG 30

Bike Setup:   Ironhorse hardtail, drop off triple, hayes, truvativ, fox..

Submitted by Furmek a Downhiller from Poland

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2006

Strengths:    Cheep, and sideways strong, pretty wide.

Weaknesses:    Hevy, about 850g where mavic 729 is 650g.
Not really vertically strong

Bottom Line:
Good value for money, but it's not that hard to bend them even in fullsuspension bike. If you are short on money, and don't care about the mass it's a good choice, but be aware you can get better rims.

Purchased At:   CoolBikeZone

Similar Products Used:   mavic 729, vualta excalibur dh

Bike Setup:   azonic eliminator

Submitted by Andrew from Timmins, Onario, Canada

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2006

Strengths:    Very strong, Takes lots of abuse, I have front and back and both ate still factory, holds up to anything

Weaknesses:    I was tigtening my spokes and one on my front snaped, i think i put it to tight, anyway no biggie

Bottom Line:
They are deffinately worht the mone, i have a friend who didnt want to spend to much and got a single track, sucks ass compared to these rims

Favorite Trail:   Slimes