Stans NoTubes ZTR Arch EX Rim

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Stans ZTR Arch EX 26

Submitted by shupack a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2014

Strengths:    Stiffer than Crest, not much heavier

Weaknesses:    slightly heavier...

Bottom Line:
Had a set of Crest rims for about 2 months, they were flexy as hell under my 190lb butt... just switched to these and first ride around the yard was awe inspiring. Between the internal box-section and the additional 25% spoke tension these build a MUCH stiffer wheel. If you weigh over 160lbs and are deciding between Crest and Arch, go Arch so you don't have to buy twice.

Luckily, I found a lightly used set on ebay....(where my crest's are currently)

Favorite Trail:   Bent Creek

Duration Product Used:   1 day

Similar Products Used:   Crest, mavic

Bike Setup:   Turner 5-spot, CK hubs, Sapim spokes & alloy nipples

Submitted by Chris a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2014

Strengths:    Reasonable price and weight. Strong enough for me. 650B

Weaknesses:    Not as cool as carbon.

Bottom Line:
I looked at all aspects of what a rim can do and this seems to be doing it. I have had issues mounting tires. They have stayed true and hold air reasonably well after giving a bit of time for the sealant to do its thing. I looked at carbon and they weigh about the same. The stronger ones are bigger and heavier just like aluminum. Stan makes some lighter rims but I did not see the need to shave more weight. The Crest is about 60gm a wheel or 120 gm lighter choice. That is a quarter pound. i probably have shed more weight in seat in the first 20 minutes of a ride, At 210 pounds and enjoying riding some technical downhills where I have tacoed the odd cheap wheel i feel very secure on these. With hope hubs this is a great set of wheels at a quarter the cost of the plastic gucci wheels everyone is gaga over.

Favorite Trail:   Gooseberry, 99'r Kill me Thrill me