Home | Reviews | Rim | Mavic

Mavic TN 719 Disc Rim

3.83/5 (6 Reviews)
Weight : 510 grams MSRP : $62.99

Wide enoughTo allowThe use of large volumeTires, but reasonably light,TN 719 Disc answers all ofThe 29er epic mountain biker's needs.FEATURES MaxtalSUPTraditional drillingSingle eyeletClincherDisc ETRTO compatible size: 622 x 19RecommendedTire widths: 1.50To 2.30Valve hole diameter: 8.5 mm, supplied with valve adapterRecommended nipple length: 12 mmRecommended rimTape: 622 x 20 x 0.6

Submitted by Couperinf

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2012

Strengths:    Looks Good

Weaknesses:    It broke under maker's instruction
No reply from mavic

1st ride:70min with 6 bar 25c rubino pro :ok
2nd ride:5min with 7 bar 25c rubino pro: rim blew off badly
i weigh only 63kg.

the rim broke within 10 min. after I've inflated 7bar.
its sidewall is so thin i can easily deflect it with 2 fingers.
I'm lucky as it's too late when it happens in the mountain.
if your tn719 hit the rock, yours will soon go kaput.

no reply from mavic. arrogant french.
crc quickly replace it to other rim. thank you so much for a great service.

Submitted by Rays Season Pass

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2012

Strengths:    Great response, Sleek looking, Durable

Bottom Line:
Very good rims. Extremely dependable

Submitted by Eben

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2012

Strengths:    Stiff and true .Running tubeless with continental race king .Installs confidence

Bottom Line:
Running them on Giant anthem .Compliments the bike .No problems with continental tubeless tyres.No weight limit .I weigh 95kg

Submitted by Natedogz a Cross Country Rider from NorCal

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2011

Strengths:    Relatively lightweight, eyelets, stays true even under my 200 lbs aggressive riding on HT.

Weaknesses:    Not sure how they'd do with tubeless conversion, I don't see any real bead retention like WTB's GBS to hold the bead locked in once inflated. Tires just kinda inflate with tubes in them, the bead never pops into place. When I get a flat the tire just kinda falls into the center groove of the rims. Anybody run these tubeless successfully? If yes, what is your setup?

Bottom Line:
I'm about 200lbs and beat my TN719s hard with my hardtail 29er....they have been very bend resistant requiring only two minor re-tightenings of spoke tension...had to true once cause I let them get too loose and rode anyways. My WTB laserdisc 29ers have not fared as well and are slightly heavier. The WTB GBS bead definitely locks into place way better though. I have rolled tires part way off the Mavics during aggressive rock riding and found leaves and dirt hanging out between the tire and rim after my ride.

What is WTB's GBS:
WTB’s proprietary Global Bead Seat design utilizes deeper grooves for the bead seats as well as two raised lips that lock the tire’s beads into pl

Favorite Trail:   the ones that flow!

Bike Setup:   Performance Bikes Access 9.7 29er, stock except 2x9 (removed big ring), Specialized Purgatory 2Bliss Control casing (running tubes)front and Captain rear.

Submitted by Wishful_Thinking a Weekend Warrior from Lincoln, NE, USA

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2011

Strengths:    Very stiff. Light weight for 29er rim. Cool Graphics.

Bottom Line:
I replaced my WTB laserdisc trail 29ers with these rims and they are much smoother and stiffer than the laserdiscs. I cannot feel much flex in the rim at all. I believe they are a bit lighter also, makes me feel faster. I really like the bold, yet simple graphics on the rim.

Similar Products Used:   WTB Laserdisc Trail 29er(Really not in the same class as the mavic TN719disc IMHO).

Bike Setup:   Rocky Mountain Hammer, Alfine 8 speed.

Submitted by bimco a Cross Country Rider from australia

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2010

Strengths:    strong

Bottom Line:
A good sturdy rim that look good a performs well .This rim converts to tubeless using Stan's and kenda tires effortlessly,making the xtc giant a much better preformer .

Favorite Trail:   gungin

Purchased At:   crc

Similar Products Used:   giant 29er rims on xtc1 29er

Bike Setup:   kenda nevagals

Mavic TN 719 Disc ERD

I've cross-posted this from Wheels and Tires in the hopes it might get more eyeballs: Does anyone have reliable information regarding the ERD of the Mavic TN 719 Disc rim? I've seen references to 598mm and 601mm. Neither Spocalc nor the DT Swiss spoke calculator list this rim. Thanks.Read More »

Mavic TN 719 Disc ERD

Does anyone have reliable information regarding the ERD of the Mavic TN 719 Disc rim? I've seen references to 598mm and 601mm. They will be laced to Onyx Disc hubs. Thanks.Read More »