Home | Reviews | Rim | DT Swiss

DT Swiss XR 350 Rim

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

The DT Swiss XR350 rim provides unparalleled performance for XC riding. For 26" Disc only Perfect for XC riding/racing Presta valve Double wall alloy construction Approximate weight 350 grams SBWT welded seam Width 22.2mm Made in Switzerland

Submitted by Eric Malcolm

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2012

Strengths:    Nice lightweight rim, competitive pricing for this category. I liked building my wheels with this rim, the joints were evenly done so trueing the wheels is a pleasure without the left/right wobble present in many rims I have used. Unlike Stan's, I can use higher tyre pressures which suits my riding environment. Never had to re-true these wheels after building and have lasted 1 year and still immaculate.

Weaknesses:    A sticker on 1 side peeled off, is that a biggie? I'm 83kg, they're rated up to a 75kg rider, do these rims have too much safety margin? Can't but these in New Zealand and had to import.

Bottom Line:
I must state that my riding is more of a MonsterCross style than pure MTB, although I do some XC races on a rigid bike, so no jumps etc, to challenge this rim. It has performed flawlessly for me.

Submitted by Boda a Weekend Warrior from Turin, Italy

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2012

Strengths:    Extremely light rims, good workmanship. These rims are delicate but enough strong to support my weight (91 kilograms). I made also some jumps (no drops). Anyway after one year of use I had no problems.

Weaknesses:    For XC use only. The surface color is extremely thin but not so weak.

Bottom Line:
If you search for light rims they are your right choice. These rims are made by Alex Rims (as almost all rims in the world) for DT Swiss, probably XRC Super Comp branded by Alex Rims are substantially identical to these one but if you like the Swiss they are for you.

Purchased At:   Germany

Similar Products Used:   DT Swiss XR400

Bike Setup:   Specialized hard tail with 100 mm fork.

DT Swis XR 350, Any opinions?

I am thinking about using the DT Swiss XR 350 as a front rim vut i cant find many reviews of it. I only weigh 130lb and ride mostly XC/singletrack. Does anyone have any info or opinions about it?Read More »

DT Swiss XR 350 Rims

Just wondering if anyone has had any experiances good or bad with the DT Swiss XR 350 Rims. I want a set, but weighing over 200pds brings a question of strength to mind.Read More »

DT Swiss XR 350 Rims

Just wondering if anyone has had any experiances good or bad with the DT Swiss XR 350 Rims. I want a set, but weighing over 200pds brings the question of strength to mind.Read More »