Home | Reviews | Rim | DT Swiss

• 32 Holes

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Michael G

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2015

Strengths:    Strong. DTSwiss. Easy tire changes. mid-weight.

Weaknesses:    100g heavier than a rim double the cost.

Bottom Line:
    I built these for a bike, 26" HT with Deore hubs. Not a bad durable set that will handle more damage than my frame ever could. I will keep as my durable set as I intend to replace with carbon rims and hope hub set soon. For recreational user who buys a $900 bike and thinks they've made it... upgrade your wheels and you'll realize why every little upgrade is worth it and every step gets more and more expensive. PS: 32H never had to true in four years.

Submitted by JohnnyX a Cross Country Rider from Lake Tahoe, CA USA

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2008

Strengths:    Rims are fine for smooth to small rock type trails, and can take bike park jumps. DT Swiss rims/hubs combo roll well, feel lively and have stayed true from factory (I'm 145 lbs).

Weaknesses:    Stay away from rocking trails where you can carry any bit of speed. In 2 days of riding such trails I put 4 dents in the rear wheel. I come from 25 years of mountain biking, and know how to finesse rocky trails, but these rims are simply soft to any hits (Kenda tires, 2.4 frt / 2.35 rear, pressure kept 37-38lbs)

Bottom Line:
    Keep 'em on smooth to light rock trails ... jumping to pitched landings not a problem, but avoid any "coral head".

Favorite Trail:   Rim Trail, Hole in the Ground, Bear Market, Live Wire

Similar Products Used:   Shimano XTR - this wheelset has stood up flawlessly for 2 years mixed trail riding; Ringle A.D.D. Lite - just started to use these rims, but they have taken 3 days at Northstar bike park without a glitch.

Bike Setup:   El Guapo, RP23HV, mix of Shimano, Avid, Titec

Submitted by Tim a Weekend Warrior from Worcester

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2008

Strengths:    Stronger and lighter than previous wheels I've had, plus I thing they look pretty good.

Weaknesses:    I've managed to put a tiny ding in it. I'm guessing that's more to do with my weight and clumsy riding.

Bottom Line:
    I haven't ridden a whole load of other rims to compare, but I bought them on good faith from my mate at a bike shop. He reckoned they would be the best wheels for me at a very good price. Obviously I could have bought better for more money, but they suit me down to the ground and I haven't got any complaints as yet.

Favorite Trail:   Wales

Purchased At:   Two Wheels

Similar Products Used:   Sun Rims Singletracks, Bontrager Race discs, plus some cheap crap

Bike Setup:   Ellsworth Epiphany, Fox shox, Oro brakes, Shimano gears/crankset, Easton finishing kit, hope hubs. Booyaa!