BombShell Fat Daddy Rim

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

These rims have the perfect balance of weight to strength ratio.Choice of 32 or 36 hole. Available in 26" diameter.

Submitted by Jason Jackett a Weekend Warrior from Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2007

Strengths:    Beefy, wide, and light rim. Black looks sick on it. Hubs are beautifully made.

Weaknesses:    none really, I only had a slight wobble in my front one (5%) because one of the spokes came really loose. I tightened it up and it was fine.

Bottom Line:
Wicked good rim for the price. Very light compared to others. Definately worth buying a set.

Favorite Trail:   Connaught

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Sun MTX, Sun doubletrack, Atomlabs

Bike Setup:   Trek Bruiser

Submitted by ant a Downhiller from melbourne

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2006

Strengths:    Hmm. Possibly some. Front is still fine. They are light I am told. I'm confident the front will be fine.

Weaknesses:    Perhaps a function of the build quality, as the spokes used were too short apparently. But the rear bent. Demo9 was not bottomed at all, and wheel pretty much exploded slow motion style over 5 short runs.

Bottom Line:
I did not think a new gen rim on a plush bike like the Demo would fall to pieces. I did not really thrash it either. As a result, I cast a spell of bad shagging upon their creators for one year.

Similar Products Used:   Mavic 121's. Now these are a proper rim. And grammatically correct.

Bike Setup:   Demo 9 Pro. Fox 40rc's. Saint brakes.

Bombshell Fat Daddy's

Anybody have experiance with these wheels? I'm currently using the mavic 317 discs with WTB laserlite hubs in the rear and 317 discs with WTB laser disc superduty hubs in the front. The front wheels are doing okay but the rear wheel has way too much flex in it and rubs on the chainstay underload.It ... Read More »

Bombshell Fat Daddy & Halo Tornado rims

Im looking for some strong but light rims for freeride and DH, but I cant find too much info about these rims...has anybody tried them?, I know Halo SAS rim as well but those seem to be quite heavy, Im 185lbs and they would go on a Banshee Scream; Im attracted to try Mavic ex823 and see how tubeless ... Read More »

2006 Fat daddy

I like it alot, besideds the two guys stroking itRead More »