Alex Rims Supra BH Rim

4.83/5 (6 Reviews)

The Alex Supra BH 26" DH disc only rim features a double wall construction which helps make this a strong rim that can withstand the punishment of a downhill/freeride rim. Extreme FR/jumping rim, disc only Rim Depth: 21 mm Brake Compatibility: Di

Submitted by NCrider5 a Downhiller from Asheville NC

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2011

Strengths:    Absolutely BOMBPROOF,

Weaknesses:    I don't really know, they might be a bit heavy but not bad at all.

Bottom Line:
I got a set of these rims on a 2006 felt jumpshot and cased the hell out of jumps for 3 years. They didn't budge at ALL. In fact, they are still so perfect that when i ordered my new frame and parts i decided to use the same wheelset because they were still ready to take a beating. BUY THEM

Favorite Trail:   PDN

Purchased At:   Came on used bike

Similar Products Used:   azonic outlaws, mavic 729

Bike Setup:   transition trail or park, x fusion velvet,

Submitted by ASPOCKALIPS a Weekend Warrior from SALT LAKE CITY. UT. USA

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2009

Strengths:    BOMBPROOF Able to resist the explosive force of bombs and shells.
STRONG Capable of withstanding force or wear; solid, tough, or firm.

Weaknesses:    KIND OF HEAVY Having relatively high density.

Bottom Line:
I'M 6'3 230LB SO IV HAD MY SHARE OF RIM,3 SETS OF RIMS & 3 WEEKS OF RIDING. THEY ALL WERE KILLED.I RIDE HARD.I THOUGHT ALL HOPE WAS LOST. . .TELL I FOUND THESE BAD BOYS.I RIDE SKATE PARKS,STREET,DIRT JUMPS,AND SLOP STYLE.I NOW CAN PUSH MY SELF TO THE LIMITS AND MAKE IT HOME NOT TO THE BIKE SHOP.IV NEVER HAD TO DO ANYTHING TO THESE RIMS,SPOKE ARE JUST AS TIGHT AS THE DAY THEY WERE LACED.I LOVE THESE RIMS IV HAVE 2 SETS AND I'M LOOKING TO PICK UP THE SUPRA FRX SOON JUST TO CHANGE IT UP.

Favorite Trail:   i ST, TANNER PARK,GUTHRIE SKATE PARK,SNOWBIRD,MOAB,ECT

Purchased At:   BICYCLE CENTER (DO N

Similar Products Used:   ALEX P DOUBLE WALL,SUNRINGLE MTX,ATOMLAB,WTB,ARROW,ECT.

Bike Setup:   2008 P2 SPECIALIZED.
2006 P1 SPECIALIZED.
2005 P2 SPECIALIZED.

Submitted by Brandon a Downhiller from Prince George British Columbia Canada

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2009

Strengths:    Strong, stylish, 20mm front hub rolls very nice.

Weaknesses:    Kinda heavy but not overly.

Bottom Line:
Get them if you ride dh aggressive and are looking for a good quality cheap rim. They are great for strength hold their true and after a year of hard riding i have only ever needed to replace one spoke and its because i dropped it sideways on a rock :D.

Favorite Trail:   Blynd eye, Bukkake

Purchased At:   Sportchek

Similar Products Used:   None so far.

Bike Setup:   Gary fischer possum xo platinum, Marzocchi 888's, juicy carbon brakes, ride dh crank, fox dhx 5.0 air rear shock, x.9 shifter and derailleur, and of course Supra bh 32 front and back.

Submitted by jeff a Downhiller from Canada

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2009

Strengths:    super strong and i have no flat spots and my rims are still true

Weaknesses:    non kinda heavy

Bottom Line:
very good and exelent for any kind of riding, love it!

Favorite Trail:   rockstar/ world cup at silverstar

Purchased At:   came with my demo wi

Similar Products Used:   sun rim single track

Bike Setup:   demo 8 II

Submitted by mike a Cross Country Rider from redding ca usa

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2008

Strengths:    writing this review because was rinding yesterday and hopped a big curb and came down on the other side where my rim landed directly on another curd edge that i didn't see and i felt the curb hit my spine through the rim. i hit so hard that i got off to listen for air and there wasn't even the slightest bend. i thought for sure that i was buying a new rim and possibly going to the chiropractor.

Weaknesses:    might be a bit narrow for my size and riding

Bottom Line:
i weigh 235 lbs and have a long history of rendering bikes useless.

Favorite Trail:   concrete