Alex Rims EN24 Rim

• XCountry, All Mountain, Marathon
  • Optional CSW

Submitted by secretary7 a Cross Country Rider from E-Town, KY

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2012

Strengths:    Good rim, fairly strong (I'll get to my only complaint in a minute), Not much flex and I ride more like a tank thrashing around and over stuff. . It's much stronger than my old Sun rims (not near as flexy) and about the same as my WTB Speed disc's.

Weaknesses:    In three years I only had problems one time with the front rim failing me. In the effort of full disclosure, when I wrecked I was tipping the scales at 200+ lbs and I was running rigid. I augered in on a root and bent the front rim. I think if I had a squishy fork it wouldn't have done that, and if I had weighed 15-20lbs less that might have helped.

Bottom Line:
Decent set of rims for my SS setup and 1x9. I think I'll eventually upgrade to a 15mm axle up front when I get a suspension fork. But otherwise, the rims are solid. Since getting the front rim fixed, I've had no problems and I ride as hard as ever but thankfully I'm a bit lighter now so I think these rims might do better for someone roaming up to but not exceeding 195lbs, maybe 200, IMHO. The rims came with my bike when I bought it so for a value it can't be beat but for the bit of flex and for failing me (because pilot error only should count for 50% of the wreck's fault in my fantasy world) I'll give em 4 chili's overall.

Favorite Trail:   Younger's Creek, Waverly, Otter Creek